Why is my mom obsessed with me getting good grades?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

MonsterCrack
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2015, 6:07 pm

I'm in the 11th grade, and I take 2 ap classes. I have an 85.28 in one ap class, and a 82.1 in the other. i have a 84.1467 GPA out of a 100, and I take 6 classes. That's a 3.365868 GPA!! ! And she says I'm a horrible student!! !

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2015, 2:11 pm

She says that you're a horrible student?! How dare she! 80's are great grades! No, they're beyond that. Compared to some kids at my school, you're brilliant! Never think that you're horrible, okay? You're doing great! :star: [I kind of feel like a superhero. To the rescue!]

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2015, 2:29 pm

Hey, MonsterCrack. I didn't know you were that young. I have no idea what these numbers mean, but it's generally not advisable to tell someone they are terrible to make them do better.

Maybe your mom is worried about you and trying to motivate you to work hard in the only way she knows. Are you living in the US? Is your school a good one? Maybe she thinks the school will not push you hard enough. Few things will make a parent more neurotic :)

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2015, 9:47 pm

I think your mom is not communicating so well to motivate you towards better grades if she says you are a horrible student, which you are not from your grades, which are decent, but not particularly good. There is room for improvement, so if you would also like to improve your grades, you can try to work towards better grades (maybe with tutor), and don't resent your mom even though she is being insensitive.

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2015, 1:29 am

Quote:
Why is my mom obsessed with me getting good grades?

Perhaps because she understands how competitive the college admissions process is and believes you can do better.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2015, 8:14 am

I hope you are able to get college credits through your AP classes.