Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2015, 8:19 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
glebel wrote:
AntDog wrote:
McCarthy (a.k.a. Bohner 2.0) has dropped out.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/08/politics/ ... -chaffetz/

Who's the next victim?
Could it be that McCarthy sees the handwriting on the wall, that after decades of same-o same-o, We The People are fed up with career politicians? Seems to me that McCarthy doesn't want to put himself forward because making a low profile may just save his seat (both political and physical).

I think his dropping out of the running has more to do with how he couldn't stop himself from gleefully admitting on camera that the Benghazi investigation is primarily just a means to derail Hillary Clinton's Presidential campaign, and the Democrats and the media called him on it.

Let alone the Tea Party Faction has enough votes to block anyone in the ReThuglican caucus that doesn't kowtow to their wishes, from the news report I saw last night. It getting so bad with the Tea Party, they're trying to force McConnel out, from a different report. I saw.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2015, 3:23 pm

Speaker Boehner term ends October 31st, unless no speaker is elected to replace him.

Boehner can get real work done without fear of being voted out by the Tea Party.

Will moderate Republicans get fed up enough to break House tradition and turn to Democrats and Independents for help?
The moderate Republicans could break tradition and turn to the whole House to vote their candidate in, though it would be the first time in House history that the majority party leadership has had to seek the backing of the minority parties to get their candidate in office.

Will the moderate Republicans be desperate enough to set a new precedent?
Will the Democrats and independents be willing to dare violate House precedent and tradition to back moderate Republicans?

I mean they just need 218 votes to get a new speaker, it doesn't have to come from the majority party.

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2015, 4:48 pm

Looks like Paul Ryan will likely replace Boehner, Ryan is Boehner 3.0 and has a creepy skeleton face.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/10 ... tcmp=hpbt1
Ryan also demanded that a rule Jefferson came up with be blocked during his speakership.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

28 Oct 2015, 8:37 pm

meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Ryan is even worse than boner