Question to Religious Wrong Planet Members

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2015, 1:27 pm

Would you date someone outside of your faith? If you have no idea what I mean, this question IMO, is self-explanatory.

helloarchy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Sep 2015, 3:06 pm

I don't have a religion, and wouldn't date anyone with one. I appreciate this doesn't answer your question; just felt like posting it anyway.

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2015, 3:15 pm

I'm a Lutheran, but I would have no problem in having a relationship with a Catholic or a Episcopalian. Some of these Protestant sects, however, are a bit too extreme for me. With other faiths, absolutely not, there would be too much culture clash. With an agnostic, possibly; with an atheist, no way.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2015, 3:34 pm

Yes, but not an Athiest or Muslim. I'm Christian.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2015, 4:22 pm

I would, as long as they can respect my personal religious beliefs.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2015, 4:24 pm

Not with someone who believes that I deserve to be grilled in hell for eternity or as an unclean inferior being.

USMCnBNSFdude
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2015, 4:45 pm

Unless they're interested in converting, probably no. Too much work.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Sep 2015, 9:17 pm

I'm a Secular Humanist & my girlfriend is religious but not prating a mainstream religion(she's a Pantheist). Religion & spirituality is a personal thing for her & I respect religious & spiritual people as long as they respect that I'm not & don't try to push it on me. We have similar political views/values/beliefs & we went to a Unitarian Universalist church afew times & we both agree with those values.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2015, 2:26 am

Yes, to a degree. There are some religions that I downright disagree with or dislike and it would be a deal breaker for me.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2015, 3:16 pm

As much as I'd like to date another Catholic, most Catholic women who I've come across tend to act really stuck-up, as if being Catholic makes them better than everyone else, Catholic and non-Catholic alike.

goofygoobers
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2015, 1:19 am

I really wanted to be with someone who was also a Christian, but I did find someone close to it. My boyfriend has sort of a "God sense," if that makes any sense. What I'm really afraid of is him reading the Bible and not understanding what it means.

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2015, 11:47 am

goofygoobers wrote:
I really wanted to be with someone who was also a Christian, but I did find someone close to it. My boyfriend has sort of a "God sense," if that makes any sense. What I'm really afraid of is him reading the Bible and not understanding what it means.

The Gospel of John is probably the best place to start. :)

goofygoobers
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2015, 6:16 pm

glebel wrote:
goofygoobers wrote:

The Gospel of John is probably the best place to start. :)

Thank you for the advice! :D

MonsterCrack
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2015, 6:21 pm

Ideally, no, as I don't want my kids to be brought up in another faith, also, it'd probably be hard to be with someone on such an intimate level when we don't have similar beliefs.... but I can't help who I admire... :) Although, I wouldn't mind dating someone of another denomination WITHIN my faith... I'm sunni Muslim, so I wouldn't mind dating a shi'ite

beakybird
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2015, 6:27 pm

I don't believe you can be true to your faith and do this. I believe most of the major religions forbid this- I know the Bible does. The "Im ok as long as you keep it to yourself" thing doesn't work. The person keeping it to themselves are not serving their faith properly.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2015, 6:44 pm

The procreative process is the same no matter what the other person's religion is.

All that you really should be concerned with is how much money her dad makes, whether or not she has AIDS, what your children might look like, and whether or not you can afford the alimony and child-support while being allowed to visit your kids only every-other weekend.