Have you ever had job app forms that made you have to lie?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

DinoMongoosePenguin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Sep 2015, 6:18 pm

For instance, it, due to how the genius who coded the form made it, was set up so that it would not submit until you put a salary for your VOLUNTEER position or put in a supervisor for your job application form for your volunteer job where there basically was none (or you cannot recall who it was as you didn't think to write it down at the time when you volunteered there) (and it's especially bad, when, despite asking for no prior experience on the page where you see the button to click to apply, it refuses to submit the form until at least one job type is put).

I recall that, after it kept demanding that I make up a salary and a position name and stuff for a job (one which I had applied to (it was my own former community college for goodness sake!! !!) and for which I was overqualified if anything, and been turned down on, so I wasn't too optimistic the second time, but the job coach pressured me into trying) and I couldn't recall who to put as a supervisor for John Doe, I hadn't expected this to happen and had gotten all other parts of the form done and it kept being glitchy and refusing to go on until I put one, it was the last day to do it, and I just, in my frustration, put "John Doe".

My job coach kinda told me off later when I told her about it, saying that now they might think I'm not a serious person and now that will reflect bad on me. I replied "Maybe they shouldn't have very difficult application forms then."

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2015, 6:35 pm

...Hm .

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2015, 7:15 pm

DinoMongoosePenguin wrote:
For instance, it, due to how the genius who coded the form made it, was set up so that it would not submit until you put a salary for your VOLUNTEER position or put in a supervisor for your job application form for your volunteer job where there basically was none (or you cannot recall who it was as you didn't think to write it down at the time when you volunteered there) (and it's especially bad, when, despite asking for no prior experience on the page where you see the button to click to apply, it refuses to submit the form until at least one job type is put).

I recall that, after it kept demanding that I make up a salary and a position name and stuff for a job (one which I had applied to (it was my own former community college for goodness sake!! ! !) and for which I was overqualified if anything, and been turned down on, so I wasn't too optimistic the second time, but the job coach pressured me into trying) and I couldn't recall who to put as a supervisor for John Doe, I hadn't expected this to happen and had gotten all other parts of the form done and it kept being glitchy and refusing to go on until I put one, it was the last day to do it, and I just, in my frustration, put "John Doe".

My job coach kinda told me off later when I told her about it, saying that now they might think I'm not a serious person and now that will reflect bad on me. I replied "Maybe they shouldn't have very difficult application forms then."

I agree, but think of it this way: Part of what any company hires anyone for is to deal with idiots & jerks. This is just a test to see how you'll deal with some of their past mistakes because every company has them. One of them probably made that form.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2015, 4:12 am

can you enter "don't remember" or "not applicable" in those fields?

I myself never had these fill-in forms, just a word template to fill in myself, free-form, so i never had these problems