Page 3505 of 4092 [ 65461 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3502, 3503, 3504, 3505, 3506, 3507, 3508 ... 4092  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 7:30 pm

Good luck, Kuraudo!

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 7:42 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Kuraudo7777 wrote:
I come bearing news.

The date for the surgery is...March 7th.

I'll have to go to a meeting with the..what to call them...team, I guess, on the 4th, so there's that to psyche myself up for as well.

I'm not sure if you've already said what the surgery is but please know I'm praying for you. I know you're nervous but everything will be fine. You'll have an entire planet here rooting for you! :heart:

It's to remove the huge birthmark on my leg.

Thank you! :heart: :heart: :heart:

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 7:51 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Welcome back Trogluddite :)
Nice post :lol:

Cheers! :D
And congratulations/commiserations [delete as applicable] on becoming a mod. I did it for a while years ago on a coding site, but I don't think I'd be naive and foolish courageous and community-spirited enough to do it again! :wink:

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I just thought of you, Trogluddite, as I crept stealthily through my house like a cat. I'm a quiet walker, just like you!

I've got the house to myself this week while my landlady's away. Yet, every time I accidentally make my chair squeak or clink a coffee cup, I still freeze motionless with bated breath, and strain to hear whether anyone else noticed it!

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 7:54 pm

Trogluddite wrote:
blazingstar wrote:
Great use of language. Glad to hear from you again.

Thankyou, you're very kind. :D The muse visits me rarely, and I just can't drum up characters or do dialogue at all convincingly; so the "lone narrator" kind of tale is about the limit of my storytelling. A little bit self-indulgent, but it was my first post after a long break

Having trouble posting. Will try later

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 7:58 pm

Wow did you guys know that Ben Stiller is a great person? I didn’t I barely noticed him. He seems like a normal person.

On Save the Children US they just shared about how he helped rebuild a school after an earthquake in haiti

Then i went on his facebook page n he was praising a Nigerian man (whose last name is the same as my brother’s first name) who helped with the release of kidnapped girls
I didn’t realize he is such a big humanitarian
Even though I don’t know much about him n only remember one movie he was in (night at the museum which i loved).
now I am going to say he is one of my favourite actors

There might be lots of famous people who do good work and use their money for that n do not show off and splatter it everywhere except to raise awareness fr more funds.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 8:07 pm

^Wow! :o
[I like Night at the Museum, too. :) ]

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 8:13 pm

blazingstar wrote:
Trogluddite wrote:
blazingstar wrote:
Great use of language. Glad to hear from you again.

Thankyou, you're very kind. :D The muse visits me rarely, and I just can't drum up characters or do dialogue at all convincingly; so the "lone narrator" kind of tale is about the limit of my storytelling. A little bit self-indulgent, but it was my first post after a long break

Having trouble posting. Will try later

Trying again.

Understand about the muse. Rare here also but breath-taking when they occur. I wasn't thinking so much of stories or books, just reading language used so beautifully is a pleasure all in itself.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 8:18 pm

This is his facebook https://m.facebook.com/BenStiller/

If you are talented n wealthy n influential ,
and use your blessings to be like this, instead of just being self centred n normal (the normal way use their blessings n money )

then you create a legacy of good deeds that, even when you are dead, will multiply unknown number of times into that much more good

That is like the most admirable thing since its easier n takes less intelligence to just spend it on yourself and your kids.
Everyone does that

That’s why even ppl who are less capable financially (like my son’s ex nurse Irene) will Also have a lasting invisible legacy

since their intentions n efforts made whatever they WERE able to do more powerful.

EG my sons ex nurse did exactly what therapists n I were trying to do

Except she has more power in her efforts because of how kind and smart and good she already is n how determined she was
So my son responded to her n did everything needed to be strong n got the courage to try

Result being now he can walk
And nobody else cd succeed where she had

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 8:25 pm

blooiejagwa wrote:
JUst read about the very recent trials in Egypt that led to the execution of 9 men who had previously been electrocuted. Lawyers were involved in their deaths.

Also Mahmoud abu zeid shawkan being imprisoned n having unfair n delayed trials (in isolation sometimes) fr taking photos (which was his job as a journalist/photographer), of the mass state sponsored executions n genocide of Morsi supporters (u know the guy who was elected , n overthrown by a tyrant n dictator)
Lawyers involved in that too

I will always disagree with you on this cathylynn. There are some v informative threads on this at lawyerratingz.com forums with 100s of news articles n citations.
And not to lie once, doesnt mean they dont lie plenty during their career. It is part of the job not a stereotype.
:ninja:
Anyway

lying is NOT part of the job.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 8:33 pm

My ex Mother in law
N my dad
both used to say Irene was overweight n they both made mean comments about that (my dads were less mean but still )

But i wd get fuming mad and I said actually
Her ‘fat’ is from her

1. Being overworked working nights n days n having uncertain schedule which makes your body stressed and metabolism slows down
2. Having fibromyalgia which was also the result of stress n especially after the car accident n injuries
with a wealthy CEOs son who was drunk driving - he used his money to get lawyers n then wdnt show up in court etc- in the end what she spent over 4 years on her lawyer fr insurance company n this CEO son , ended up being much more money than what she received in compensation

3. Having her whole family in Philippines depending on her (stress( and living alone in manu other countries just earning for them (stress)

4. Her Fibromyalgia meds make her gain weight as then she was on a ‘cocktail of drugs’ for multiple things including depression which was exacerbated by fibromyalgia meds (side effects of the meds was it causes depression so u need antidepressants to combat that)

Therefore her being ‘overweight ‘ was indicative of her
Hardships, sacrifices and good deeds (her job with all kinds of disabled ppl, working long shifts taking care of them)

So it didny represent laziness in fact it represented hard work and self sacrifice and helping kids like my son witj extreme compassion

Therefore her ‘fat’ was not ugly and I and probably many more ppl,
see her as more beautiful than most ppl.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 8:34 pm

cathylynn wrote:
blooiejagwa wrote:
JUst read about the very recent trials in Egypt that led to the execution of 9 men who had previously been electrocuted. Lawyers were involved in their deaths.

Also Mahmoud abu zeid shawkan being imprisoned n having unfair n delayed trials (in isolation sometimes) fr taking photos (which was his job as a journalist/photographer), of the mass state sponsored executions n genocide of Morsi supporters (u know the guy who was elected , n overthrown by a tyrant n dictator)

I will always disagree with you on this cathylynn. There are some v informative threads on this at lawyerratingz.com forums with 100s of news articles n citations.
And not to lie once, doesnt mean they dont lie plenty during their career. It is part of the job not a stereotype.
Anyway

It is though. 8O depending on the case.
Withholding truth relevant to the case is a form of lying in my opinion

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2019, 1:32 am

blooiejagwa wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
blooiejagwa wrote:

Anyway

It is though. 8O depending on the case.
Withholding truth relevant to the case is a form of lying in my opinion

well, if you consider that lying, i guess you are right. no one would hire a lawyer who told them to incriminate themselves.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2019, 10:02 am

blooiejagwa wrote:
There might be lots of famous people who do good work and use their money for that n do not show off and splatter it everywhere

Steve Buscemi is another one. He used to be a Volunteer Firefighter in NYC before getting famous as an actor. When he heard the news about 9/11, he just turned up at his old fire-station, put a uniform on, and got on with fighting fires and helping survivors. He's never boasted about it, and tried to stay as anonymous as possible so that he and his team could get on with their brave work without a load of media people getting in the way. No-one would even know if he hadn't been recognised by some of the people that he helped.

The way you spoke about Irene was so beautiful and moving. I wish we lived in a world where people like that got the recognition and rewards that they really deserve; it says so much about them that they find the results of their work are reward enough. Big :heart: to all of them.

blazingstar wrote:
just reading language used so beautifully is a pleasure all in itself.

Thankyou, I'm very flattered. I only wish that I could do the same in conversation, when I don't have hours to proofread and edit. If you were to encounter me by accident and have a chat, you'd never guess that it was the same person!

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2019, 3:49 pm

https://mythcreants.com/blog/five-bad-defenses-of-bad-stories/

Zack1994
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Feb 2019, 8:51 pm

I typed out 3 positive things about myself.

Zack1994
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Feb 2019, 9:00 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:

In my opinion, I have a hard time seeing as to why saying I haven't read the story yet is a bad defense? I would love to read the Harry Potter series, but I have too much time as of now. I have other stuff to read to get to. So... Maybe telling me I should read it sometime would be helpful. Ehhhh? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯