Page 2993 of 4090 [ 65425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2990, 2991, 2992, 2993, 2994, 2995, 2996 ... 4090  Next

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 10:23 am

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 8:48 pm

Pretty amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... NJdJIwCF_Y

There Are Four Lights!

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 11:04 pm

Esmerelda Weatherwax wrote:
They're beautiful works of art, Kip. I love the intricacy and detail, your use of color and light, and I also really like the angle of the composition in both of these. She's at rest, but because of the sightline, if that's what it's called, there's almost a breathless quality to the second one, as if she's quiet now, but it's the stillness of a cat, and any minute she'll take flight, as they do; and there's a kind of... incipient motion to the first, as if she's thinking about it, and any second now...

I also really like your triptych-trinity above. You've captured a beauty that's almost anime in that series, breathtaking in a living person.

I am now about to embarrass you terribly, and I'm sorry, but looking at these artworks and also having read another thread you created, I can't help thinking about Amedeo Modigliani and Jeanne Hébuterne.

In terms of the intensity of the art, and the power of the Muse. (In other words, yeah no, let the resemblance end there.)

My wish for you is to keep all that intensity and power, but also that upward trajectory, find your wings, take off like... well, like the artist as a young F-15, I suppose. This is an F-14, but it says what I mean.

And that's it for me today, I'm up way too late. But your work is truly incredible.

PS, in re grimy, have you seen how Camille Pisarro started out, my goodness.

PSS, you could design tattoos that would knock people breathless, you know.

haven't heard of camille pisarro.

tattoos, you think so? thanks....i have t had that in mind when i draw but i do have a lot of symbols that might work i suppose
and, no, i'm not embarrassed by what you said because i totally agree, she is my muse through and through, she just finds her way into my art and i can not find a way to end it. i may have stopped talking to her, but she will always be a part of me (like a cancer)

i really like how you described my work. it makes me happy knowing anther perspective on it besides my own.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 11:33 pm

Local police radio: Officers called to a nearby address by a man who just got home from a trip and found two unknown people sleeping in his house. 8O

There Are Four Lights!

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 11:42 pm

you need to move out of wherever the heck you live, my god.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2018, 12:01 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
you need to move out of wherever the heck you live, my god.

Got an extra room in your basement? :mrgreen:

There Are Four Lights!

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2018, 12:06 am

yeah.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2018, 12:16 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
yeah.

Local police radio: Officers called to the Kiprobalhato residence on reports of an unknown aspie found sleeping in the basement. :mrgreen:

There Are Four Lights!

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2018, 12:30 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
tattoos, you think so? thanks....i have t had that in mind when i draw but i do have a lot of symbols that might work i suppose

I was thinking more along the lines of a "quote" - unfortunately I couldn't find what I was looking for as an illustration, but this Banksy tat is kind of the idea:

His work is very stylized/almost stencil, so simple to ink, but what I had in mind was a quote from this:

Oh, now I find someone wearing Seurat. So yes, this could actually happen. The image embed doesn't work, but you can use this link and check out #37.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2018, 8:50 am

^^ Oops. Toddled off to make a very, very late supper without remembering two further things I wanted to say -

first, that "mirror study" if that's what they are called? is incredible. The way you handle her hands makes me wonder if you'd seen DaVinci's "Lady With A Stoat"* - that's (among many things) a very wry comment on how much we can resemble our pets, especially if you know who the lady was - but aside from that, he treats her hand like a lyric.

*or Picasso's "The Dream", similar treatment of implied motion...

PS These references I'm making are probably more about my blasted Aspie pattern recognition than anything else, but if in fact either echo makes sense to you, I'm intending it as a high compliment; as in, look who I thought of while looking at your work.

Second - and dammit, I can't find a link. His literary estate is in a trust, so Project Gutenberg isn't going to have it. But your situation, your muse, made me think of one of the best (and it's positive) works of short fiction I ever read: "To Here and the Easel" by Theodore Sturgeon. Sturgeon was bipolar, and a polymath, and a gearhead, and this story is about an artist in the midst of a breakdown, who finds a likely and an unlikely muse. The whole thing just sings. With bits of glorious snark. And is extremely visual. And I don't think, as a real artist (vs. me, observer who cannot even draw dammit dammit), you're going to find obvious errors in the narration - which tend to jolt me right out of the story and into the writing, so I pay serious attention to that.

IF you can find it through interlibrary loan or similar, I really suggest you read it. For one thing, it may help to know that someone else must have lived through something like this because otherwise how on earth could he have so fully inhabited it, to write as he did? For another thing, if you don't already know his work and it ends up speaking to you, that's a real gift :-). (If any of your friends have a hard copy, don't ask to borrow it. Ask if you can sit in their LR or DR and read it. I won't let any of my most treasured books out of my hands anymore; stuff happens, unintended. Your friends will love you for getting that up front.)

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2018, 4:11 pm

Not dead.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2018, 4:13 pm

Passed my 2 year cancerversary on aug 3

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2018, 4:26 pm

Raleigh wrote:
Passed my 2 year cancerversary on aug 3

Oh, congratulations my love.

So bloody pleased to hear from you.

Missed you soooooooooooooooooooo much :heart:

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2018, 4:30 pm

Time went a bit wibbly.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2018, 4:45 pm

Hooraaaaay! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :heart: :heart: :heart:

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2018, 4:49 pm

Hello
And HUGS