Page 3556 of 4092 [ 65461 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3553, 3554, 3555, 3556, 3557, 3558, 3559 ... 4092  Next

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 3:58 pm

Tomorrow we're going to Toronto for a doctor checkup, so I won't be on until suppertime or later.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 7:20 pm

So, I was all excited that Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid is getting a second season.

Since I had watched season 1 in Japanese, I thought I'd give the dub a try. It's decent, but nothing phenomenal.

However, there's a moment in the first episode that goes like this:
Tohru: "I really like you, Miss Kobayashi!"
Kobayashi: "Is it alright, that I'm a woman?"
Tohru: "Of course!"

In the dub, Kobayashi's line is changed to: "I'm not into dragons or women."

This has the consequence of making all of Tohru's little habits, that are adorable in the Japanese version [ie: hugging Kobayashi when she comes home from work, asking to hold hands with her when on a walk, ectc], into kind of like she's completely overstepping Kobayashi's boundaries.

So...apparently the English dubbers missed the big glaring memo that it's a yuri anime. :wall: :wall: :wall:

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 8:44 pm

Cat logic.

There Are Four Lights!

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2019, 6:55 am

Police are outside the house opposite again for the second time today, it's only lunchtime.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2019, 7:00 am

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2019, 7:09 am

Damn, I missed them getting the door open, I had to turn the fish fingers over. I can't see whether they had to kick it in again, because of the van and, they are arresting someone, arms behind back,it's not my neghbour, they are loading him into the back of the van and they're off.

Still can't see whether they kicked the door in because the wooden board is still up from last time.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2019, 7:12 am

10 seconds after they've gone my neighbour (same one) turns up at his house on his bike. He has the luck of the devil.

He's not able to get in :lol: well that answers the question of whether the doors buggered, it's holding out fine against him and his mate isn't there any more to let him in :D

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2019, 12:57 pm

Once again fluffysaurus is up to something evil oncemore

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2019, 1:10 pm

Well, so much for going to Toronto.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2019, 1:14 pm

longshot wrote:
Once again fluffysaurus is up to something evil oncemore

I am innocent (this time :wink: ), it was the drug dealer who lives over the road.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2019, 1:16 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:

what happened?

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2019, 1:16 pm

Our doctor's plane got delayed, so he wasn't there. Thankfully the office called before we left.

But I was awake at 6:30 today, and all ready to go, too. >.<

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2019, 1:19 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:

How annoying when you're all psyched up. But I thought you meant your trip to see The Lion King was off?

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2019, 1:24 pm

^No, thank goodness. That's still on. It was a doctor checkup that got cancelled.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2019, 4:19 pm

I wonder if I've come around or if I'll go back being Schultz after lighting it up green.