Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Adamantus
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Oct 2015, 10:11 am

I was probably just having a bad day when I wrote this to be honest.

Foreveranaspie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Oct 2017, 11:31 pm

If you ask me Mr.Bean is himself autistic, he doesn't speak more than a few words, has trouble interacting, socially isolates himself, and has a teddy bear that in one episode was stolen. That triggered a meltdown that didn't end until he found him.

Then again they all seem to be autistic in some way
Mr.Bean also appears to engage in a lot of stimming behaviors

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2017, 12:27 am

I don't think he was meant to be autistic. He was created in the 1980's by Rowan Atkinson and he is described by a grown man that is still stuck in childhood. I thought he wasn't very nice and he was pretty inconsiderate and rude but he showed autistic traits, lack of reading social cues, face blindness because he had to have guys wear trash cans and had to poke each one with a pencil to find the right guy that took his camera, naivety, his attachment to his teddy bear, very few words he spoke, difficulty reading body language, insisting of wearing the same clothes, taking things literal. His traits could be that makes him act inconsiderate and selfish. There were things he did I thought were assholish like trying to cut in line so he pulled something out of a boy's arms and tosses it and the mother and him have to go get it and he did that just so he can get ahead and not have to wait as long. Plus how he treated that kid at a carnival when he was trying to get coins from the machine. I remember he put his jacket over his head and spun him around and pushed him away. Plus he was described as being a buffoon. I think how he treated his girlfriend was unintentional when he gave her a gift but I didn't like how he took a piece of popcorn from her at the movie and then wouldn't let her take a piece from his bucket because to me that was very hypocritical. But even when I was 13, I always watched this show but thought he was an idiot but smart in other ways and selfish and inconsiderate. I wouldn't give someone a piece of cardboard for a gift and a hook to hook it on and I wouldn't take a piece of popcorn from someone and then not let them take a piece of mine and if I ended up with a baby attached to the back of my car, I would pull over and park somewhere and find security or an employee to report a missing child than taking care of it and I wouldn't cut peoples hair or shave their heads when I am not a barber and let the barber take the blame. That is why I found him somewhat unlikable.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2017, 4:03 am

naturalplastic wrote:
He's worried about the hidden agenda of a rubber chicken.

Who the hell isn't ffs.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2017, 6:00 am

EzraS wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Who the hell isn't ffs.

It must of been really well hidden as I didn't know about this agenda - now I'm worried :D

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2017, 8:58 pm

The character is depicted as being nonverbal and childish, both common autistic traits. Given the time period in which it was created, I don't think Rowan Atkinson had much idea of autism.

I love Mr. Bean and didn't realise the autism parallels until now. I still think any semblence of "ableism" is a coincidence.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 6:17 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
EzraS wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Who the hell isn't ffs.

It must of been really well hidden as I didn't know about this agenda - now I'm worried :D

The rubber chickens, and the globalist whoopee cushions, are in league with the turkey bladders of Zion to get us all!

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 6:58 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
EzraS wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Who the hell isn't ffs.

The rubber chickens, and the globalist whoopee cushions, are in league with the turkey bladders of Zion to get us all!

You're not helping :lol:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

RikMayall
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Oct 2017, 8:05 pm

Mr Bean is LCD comedy.

Lowest
Common
Denominator

Foreveranaspie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Oct 2017, 11:54 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
EzraS wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Who the hell isn't ffs.

You're not helping :lol:

Welp*tosses rubber chicken*

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 12:01 am

I think Mr. Bean is hilarious. One of my favorite scenes is when he and his girlfriend go to watch Nightmare on Elm Street, and he's having great fun trying to scare her and other people, pretending a comb is a chain. Then the movie actually starts and he becomes terrified, sticks popcorn in his ears puts his giant popcorn bucket over his head. And then there was the Christmas show where he's playing around with the figures in a nativity scene, gets his head stuck up a turkey after losing his watch inside it, and gives eyes to his teddy bear for a present. :lol: