Page 2 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,893

01 Oct 2015, 4:48 pm

You have a right to decide yourself which lives matter to you. Noöne else has any business telling you which lives to give a s**t about or which ones not to.


_________________
The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.


Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,640
Location: Chicago suburbs.

01 Oct 2015, 4:53 pm

Really?! White guilt? You seriously believe that? You didn't even seem to read my posts so why should I even continue debating?



Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 31,327
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

01 Oct 2015, 5:04 pm

Chakravartin wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Chakravartin wrote:

They have the propensity to do so due to their higher rate of poverty. Which these Black Lives Matter protesters blame whites for.



So wait you claim black lives matter is racist.....yet you 100% buy into that black people are more likely to be criminals, as well as that the poor=more likely to be criminals. Because skin color and/or financial status totally shows what sort of character you might have. Hate to say it but how is that better than a black person saying whites are worse people over all?


Financial status is what it comes down to, the poorer the person, the more desperate the measures will be to get by. Not only this, but the rapper culture embedded in black culture openly encourages this through lyrics about violence, drugs, and sex. That makes the propensity for crime to increase.


I don't know I am considered poor myself, and most anyone else I know is anywhere from lower middle class to poor...there certainly aren't violent criminals among us. Granted poverty certainly can lead to more desperation but to pretend someone poor is more likely to say assault someone than someone who's not poor would be quite the inaccurate claim for instance. Also though there is then the issue of homelessness which many of the poor experience....a lot of things that are unavoidable become 'criminalized' behaviors in cities...turns things like sleeping or sitting somewhere to rest into 'crimes'...factor those 'crimes' into statistics and sure you can start painting a picture that demonizes the poor.

Also your stereotyping if you think black people in general approve of gangstser rap with violent lyrics encouraging crappy behavior....not to mention what about all white people who listen to that garbage. Something tells me its more thug culture than black culture.


_________________
Fascism is a disease.


Aniihya
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 29 Jan 2015
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 771

01 Oct 2015, 5:12 pm

Another on of these people who highlight problems but do not offer solutions. Ugh.



Barchan
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Sep 2014
Age: 34
Gender: Female
Posts: 697

01 Oct 2015, 6:36 pm

Chakravartin wrote:
look at the name, it doesn't say All Lives Matter, it says BLACK Lives Matter, anyone who joins the group is fully aware of that and are racist.


The reason the movement is called "Black Lives Matter" is because historically, American police don't have a habit of profiling, beating, and murdering non-violent whites.

Yes, there's a big problem with racist police in this country. And sad to say, denying the problem makes you an accomplice to murder.



andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,254
Location: Sol System

01 Oct 2015, 6:38 pm

Other people get beaten by the police; people with disabilities, of other ethnicity backgrounds, sexuality, etc.

Black Lives Matter at it's core was supposed to be a good movement, but it's turned into accusing people of being racist and starting riots from what I've seen on the news. Like they interrupted Bernie Sanders, a man who has been an advocate of civil rights for many years and even was arrested for it. I have a hard time taking it seriously after that.



beakybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Dec 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,789
Location: nj

01 Oct 2015, 6:52 pm

Chakravartin wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Chakravartin wrote:

They have the propensity to do so due to their higher rate of poverty. Which these Black Lives Matter protesters blame whites for.



So wait you claim black lives matter is racist.....yet you 100% buy into that black people are more likely to be criminals, as well as that the poor=more likely to be criminals. Because skin color and/or financial status totally shows what sort of character you might have. Hate to say it but how is that better than a black person saying whites are worse people over all?


Financial status is what it comes down to, the poorer the person, the more desperate the measures will be to get by. Not only this, but the rapper culture embedded in black culture openly encourages this through lyrics about violence, drugs, and sex. That makes the propensity for crime to increase.


While I agree that financial status has a lot to do with it, that goes along with poor whites too. I just think they opt for more "white collar" crimes to do their thievery like fraud, hacking etc.

And it's really a pet peeve of mine when rap music gets blamed. Now, I don't even like rap music. At all. But if you think that's the only style of music that promotes sex, drugs and violence you are sadly mistaken. The old say "Sex, Drugs and Rock n roll" came about for a reason. Popular music glamorizes those things because that's what sells.

But as a fan of deathcore and other styles of metal, let me tell you, rap has NOTHING on the lyrical content of that stuff. And I don't think many blacks are listening to Whitechapel, Cannibal Corpse or some other band of a similar style. Songs about mass murder, sadistic torture, murder of children, rape in every horrific violent form with bladed objects and such, stalking, killing public officials, and just about every perversion under the sun. And hate hate hate. So it's not just rap at all. It is just way more popular today so it gets the worst reputation.



Chakravartin
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

Joined: 28 Sep 2015
Age: 23
Posts: 60
Location: United States

01 Oct 2015, 9:07 pm

Aniihya wrote:
Another on of these people who highlight problems but do not offer solutions. Ugh.


It would be helpful if you weren't a hypocrite and offered your take instead of rambling on a random post.


_________________
Party Leader of Partido Sin Etiquetas.

Radical Centrist, Minarchist, Socialist, Transhumanist.


Chakravartin
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

Joined: 28 Sep 2015
Age: 23
Posts: 60
Location: United States

01 Oct 2015, 9:09 pm

Barchan wrote:
Chakravartin wrote:
look at the name, it doesn't say All Lives Matter, it says BLACK Lives Matter, anyone who joins the group is fully aware of that and are racist.


The reason the movement is called "Black Lives Matter" is because historically, American police don't have a habit of profiling, beating, and murdering non-violent whites.

Yes, there's a big problem with racist police in this country. And sad to say, denying the problem makes you an accomplice to murder.



Bravo, ignorance at it's finest here, folks.

How about you go a day without police in this country, I dare you. You morons generalize police in the worst ways possible when they aren't the ones who broke the law.


_________________
Party Leader of Partido Sin Etiquetas.

Radical Centrist, Minarchist, Socialist, Transhumanist.


Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,640
Location: Chicago suburbs.

01 Oct 2015, 9:19 pm

Hahaha... "you morons generalize the police" he says making a sweeping generalization. Throwing in ad hominem as well.

You complained in another thread that it's boring here because you keep arguing with people in high school. I find that funny because you are using the most juvenile and asinine debate tactics I've seen in a while.



Chakravartin
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

Joined: 28 Sep 2015
Age: 23
Posts: 60
Location: United States

01 Oct 2015, 9:26 pm

Lukeda420 wrote:
Hahaha... "you morons generalize the police" he says making a sweeping generalization. Throwing in ad hominem as well.

You complained in another thread that it's boring here because you keep arguing with people in high school. I find that funny because you are using the most juvenile and asinine debate tactics I've seen in a while.



Woah, you can use college words, yet, you think a group that is using provocative, violent direct action to lobby for more rights than whites isn't racism. I guess the educational system doesn't teach you enough.


_________________
Party Leader of Partido Sin Etiquetas.

Radical Centrist, Minarchist, Socialist, Transhumanist.


Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,640
Location: Chicago suburbs.

01 Oct 2015, 9:30 pm

That response is exactly the reason why debating you is pointless. You'll distort anything I have to say. So what's the point?



Chakravartin
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

Joined: 28 Sep 2015
Age: 23
Posts: 60
Location: United States

01 Oct 2015, 9:32 pm

Lukeda420 wrote:
That response is exactly the reason why debating you is pointless. You'll distort anything I have to say. So what's the point?



That's an excuse, lmao.

Wow, I thought someone who was "more like me," would have the ability to come up with something else, even if it was shitty.


_________________
Party Leader of Partido Sin Etiquetas.

Radical Centrist, Minarchist, Socialist, Transhumanist.


Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 31,327
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

01 Oct 2015, 9:32 pm

andrethemoogle wrote:
Other people get beaten by the police; people with disabilities, of other ethnicity backgrounds, sexuality, etc.

Black Lives Matter at it's core was supposed to be a good movement, but it's turned into accusing people of being racist and starting riots from what I've seen on the news. Like they interrupted Bernie Sanders, a man who has been an advocate of civil rights for many years and even was arrested for it. I have a hard time taking it seriously after that.


Except all the people who still use the phrase/hashtag and aren't doing that....I think I heard one thing of people from that movement if you can accurately call it that, doesn't seem particularly organized, but they said something about how other groups should have movements. Most of them aren't denying other groups face legal discrimination...but this particular one is about problems faced by blacks concerning disportionate targeting on the part of the legal system so yeah that is the focus....doesn't mean they are saying the are the only ones.


_________________
Fascism is a disease.


Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 31,327
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

01 Oct 2015, 9:34 pm

Chakravartin wrote:
Lukeda420 wrote:
Hahaha... "you morons generalize the police" he says making a sweeping generalization. Throwing in ad hominem as well.

You complained in another thread that it's boring here because you keep arguing with people in high school. I find that funny because you are using the most juvenile and asinine debate tactics I've seen in a while.



Woah, you can use college words, yet, you think a group that is using provocative, violent direct action to lobby for more rights than whites isn't racism. I guess the educational system doesn't teach you enough.


Its not even an organized group....and where do you get all your vast knowledge if its so superior to everyone elses here?


_________________
Fascism is a disease.


Chakravartin
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

Joined: 28 Sep 2015
Age: 23
Posts: 60
Location: United States

01 Oct 2015, 9:37 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Chakravartin wrote:
Lukeda420 wrote:
Hahaha... "you morons generalize the police" he says making a sweeping generalization. Throwing in ad hominem as well.

You complained in another thread that it's boring here because you keep arguing with people in high school. I find that funny because you are using the most juvenile and asinine debate tactics I've seen in a while.



Woah, you can use college words, yet, you think a group that is using provocative, violent direct action to lobby for more rights than whites isn't racism. I guess the educational system doesn't teach you enough.


Its not even an organized group....and where do you get all your vast knowledge if its so superior to everyone elses here?


Common sense, when the economy is in good shape none of this happens to the extreme degree it is now, when it declines, everyone needs a scapegoat to blame, in this case, Black Lives Matter's scapegoat are white people. It's a hate group, and the only thing it wants to do is cause bullshit to put white people in submission. Kind of like what the Nazi's did to their scapegoats. You know, the undesirables.


_________________
Party Leader of Partido Sin Etiquetas.

Radical Centrist, Minarchist, Socialist, Transhumanist.