Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

MonsterCrack
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2015, 12:19 am

I haven't talked to my 17 year old friend Thea in 1 2/3 months, I haven't talked to my 12 year old acquaintance amina in 2 months (and only see her at my istanbul center/mosque occasionally), and i only hung out with this other, 19 year old girl ONCE, and wont see her until the 23rd of this month, and even afterwards will only see her at events at my istanbul center/mosque.... which arent that frequent. i go to alternative school with only 4 other boys, and so dont see people alot... should I get closer to my current friends, or make friends elsewhere? and how so? im getting really lonely...

MrBackward
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Oct 2015, 12:07 am

Hey there,

I am interested in how you classify friend, if you have only seen somebody once I doubt they are your friend. That being said everyone you meet is a potential friend all it takes is some common ground and one party to step up to the plate.

Don't know what entertainment is available near you but if there was no bitter split ups between you and these other people I definitely recommend inviting them to bowling, movies, golf, pool, beach, swimming pool, dinner, etc.

The key here is how you use the term "friend". My recommendation is that you tell people that you are going to see X movie and ask them if they want to join you. If you are after friends invite a group, if some are busy ask if you can join them.

That being said, getting closer to current friends and making friends elsewhere are not mutually exclusive, do both. Go bowling with current friends and ask a few potential friends if they want to join you, make it clear that there are others joining you so potential friends don't think you are asking them on dates though.

Good Luck!