I really don't feel like sleeping tonight. Quite shocked.

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2015, 12:51 am

I was laying down on olf fashioned couch bed talking with my father about random stuff. I realized I was hand stimming with an object so I turned back and saw in my hand a dead, 2 cm wide spider. 8O

DoNotDisturb
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Oct 2015, 12:59 am

Relax. It's dead. If there were live spiders running about that would be more worrying.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2015, 1:05 am

DoNotDisturb wrote:
Relax. It's dead. If there were live spiders running about that would be more worrying.

What you don't realised is that it was coming towards me, it died because I accidentally crushed it. Theres a whole nest left, and I won't be able to luckily kill all of them this way.

DoNotDisturb
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Oct 2015, 1:10 am

Wow, that's badass. You're an automatic spider exterminator. But you could use insect spray for the rest if you're not up to it. Hope you don't have to sleep on that old couch thing.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2015, 1:12 am

DoNotDisturb wrote:
Wow, that's badass. You're an automatic spider exterminator. But you could use insect spray for the rest if you're not up to it. Hope you don't have to sleep on that old couch thing.

The couch doesn't bother, I like it quite a lot actually. As for the spider, I didn't really crush it, just swiped it and it died like that I think. Lucky I didn't crush it because it looked like a female.

DoNotDisturb
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Oct 2015, 1:16 am

Ok. Well, pleasant dreams :)

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2015, 9:22 pm

Dead spiders are just as creepy as live ones.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2015, 12:11 pm

So do you know what kind of spider it is? Because unless it's one of the few types of spiders that are dangerous to humans there really is no reason to freak out. Most spiders can't even inject their venom into you because their mandibles can't pierce your skin.

Spiders are so misunderstood. They catch and eat harmful bugs and insects and spin beautiful webs, and yet people go on about how horrible they are just by their appearance. :(

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2015, 6:31 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
So do you know what kind of spider it is? Because unless it's one of the few types of spiders that are dangerous to humans there really is no reason to freak out. Most spiders can't even inject their venom into you because their mandibles can't pierce your skin.

Probably not in dangerous one, Canada doesn't really have that s**t. Except banana spiders, but it wasn't one. It had a gray "coccyx" if I can call it that and brown, hairy legs.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2015, 4:45 am

Any kind of contact with a spider, alive or dead, poisonous or not, is creepy as hell.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2015, 1:08 am

I once couldn't get to sleep in my bed so I went downstairs and slept on the couch in the basement. I woke up with so many bug bites that I don't think i ever sat on that couch again let alone slept on it.

Some of the bites looked like bed bug bites(sets of 3 bites in lines) but since that was 2 years ago and I don't think anyone has been bit in my house since they are prolly all dead by now if they were in that couch. They certainly cant live over 2 years without food.

Either way I keep killing spiders and centipedes down there. Centipedes are the grossest insect IMO. They all need to die.

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2015, 10:37 am

Bug bomb your whole house.

I have crickets in my basement. We already bug bombed it, but new ones keep getting in. Supposedly the poison keeps getting them, but I'm going to do another one to be sure. I have to go down there to do laundry. Gross...