Did you ever sleepover at a friend's house

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Did you
Never had a single friend 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Had friends, but never sleepover 12%  12%  [ 3 ]
Had friends and sleepovers 60%  60%  [ 15 ]
Had friends and at least once stayed at their house for several days in a row 24%  24%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 25

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2015, 9:44 am

I did it only about three times that I remember. Never had friends for long. Went for long periods without any friends whatsoever.

Did you have friends. Did you ever spend several days at their house? Or just the night? Have you ever even been inside their houses?

And did you feel uncomfortable and anxious when spending the night at their house?

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2015, 11:33 am

I never had a sleepover in friends house but I had friends sleeping in my house a few times and I happened to sleep in far family houses (with cousins that I met first time in my life) and I had sleepover school trips and I even slept in exchange student house in Germany (strangers - we met first time as I got to their country, it was set by my school) so I guess it counts.

No big deal, just hard to fall asleep due to too much energy, unknown sounds and different bed. And of course people wanting to talk instead of sleep. :D

Oh, wait. Come to think of it I did have a sleepover at friends house at least once (Sylvester/New year night). But I didn't sleep at all(I talked with a friend, she didn't let me go to sleep) so it doesn't really count as sleepover, does it?

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2015, 1:13 pm

Kiriae wrote:
And of course people wanting to talk instead of sleep. :D

Owww yeah. :D

Well, I had at least two legit sleepoves at friends' places.
I had people sleepover at my place once or twice...
And like 3 compulsory sleepovers over multiple days, because my parents were on vacation and I couldn't skip school.
Over my school career I had I think 4 different course trips, each 1 week where I was forced to sleep with other people in the same room. It wasn't so bad actually, I was just really scared of being pranked while asleep, but luckily that didn't happen. :P :P
And probably some other occasions...
Like at my grandma's. My dad's old bed is still in the house so that's where I slept.

Overall I'm ok with sleepovers, but it's kinda hard to fall asleep (I hate staying awake in bed all night!) because of the environment and the other person sleeping, usually they give you the crappy bed too. It would probably be better to just stay REALLY late and then go home to sleep. :P
Taking a big s**t in the middle of the night at someone else's place is kinda weird. :lol:
I'm not sure if the people where I slept were "good" friends, they were ok but we didn't do a lot together. :|

DoNotDisturb
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Oct 2015, 3:17 pm

I've had many sleepovers. I've even had the ones where you tell your mum you're sleeping over a friend's place but you're actually getting up to no good with people you shouldn't be associating with. Sorry Mum.
Some felt more comfortable than others. I had one friend whose parents were very religious and I always felt like I was being judged. There was also weird food that I couldn't bring myself to eat even though I was hungry. One time I got a boiled egg in a little cup and I'd never seen anything like that so I didn't know what to do with it. I watched all the others cut the top off with a knife and start dipping their toast in the runny yolk and I wanted to vomit right there.
Most sleepovers were fun though.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2015, 4:11 pm

I had sleepovers all the time as a kid. Two of my favorite people to go to for a sleepover was my cousins.
We'd have fun watching cartoons on video and playing with our toys and reading comic books or playing video games.

The only weird thing is that my cousins were boys. And they often slept over at my house as well.

I would also sleep over at my grandparent's house, usually on weekends when my parents were throwing a grown-up party, and knew it would be too noisy for me to sleep well. In fact as a little girl I would sometimes get up and ask them to please be quieter.

I even had a slumber party on my 13th birthday and invited some girls I knew both in my class and in my neighborhood. I remember one of them saying I acted a lot differently (i.e. social and outgoing) than I did at school. The year after that however my mother said I couldn't have any more birthday parties because the other girls would want to invite their boyfriends over and make out or something. I couldn't understand because 14 was too young to be doing something like that! :?

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2015, 8:15 pm

I've had about 3 sleepovers with my best friend.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2015, 8:18 pm

As a kid with my best friend on many weekends, though usually at my house.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

05 Oct 2015, 8:25 pm

I did when I was little with one friend but I quit having close friends when I got older. I didn't sleep over with a friend sense I was little till a few years ago I slept over at a friend's who I used to work with.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Last edited by nick007 on 05 Oct 2015, 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2015, 8:28 pm

It happened a few times in Primary and Elementary school.

SpongeBobFan
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Oct 2015, 9:12 pm

Once, it was with my then-best friend. I've talked about the idea of it with other friends but nothing ever really happened

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2015, 3:45 am

A few times, with a total of three different friends I had at various times from early primary school through to junior high school. I think I only ever had one over to my house though.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2015, 9:49 am

Once, it was with a friend way back in elementary school. We tried to stay up all night, but in the end we both agree to go to sleep. Which defeats the whole point of a sleepover.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2022, 11:05 am

Never did. Never wanted to leave living at home with family.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2022, 6:18 pm

I had friends and sleepovers.