Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2007, 4:33 pm

I'm going to have to download this song so that I know what you're both talking about :)

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2007, 4:36 pm

Ok, the tune is called "Float On" and the group is called The Floaters. If you've heard "Gimme Five," you will realize that it is the same tune but with different words and a different meaning. Note that there is a more noticeable reference to romance in "Float On."

Enjoy them both!

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2007, 4:45 pm

SS: You're probably hyperlexic, like me.

And yes, it is Float On by The Floaters, and is dreamy and sexy and cool...

Here's the funny Sesame Street version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlgiritpmfo

Esperanza
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2007, 4:46 pm

nutbag wrote:
If one foot falls onto a crack, then I must make the other foot do so as well, and same part of the foot: toe, ball, arch, heel.

I do that too. I also used to count everything, but I managed to break the habit a couple of years ago. Now that it's been mentioned though, I'll probably start doing it again >.< I wondered if I had OCD, but it didn't seem as bad as it was for someone with OCD. I guess it was just AS...

I'm also quite hyperlexic.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2007, 4:54 pm

Esperanza wrote:
I do that too. I also used to count everything, but I managed to break the habit a couple of years ago.

I don't know whether I want to try and stop counting or not... It can be really distracting in lectures / exams and it does keep me awake a lot when I want to sleep or if I'm ill. But at the same time I like my counting lol. I can't decide. Maybe I should try and stop it.
Quote:
Now that it's been mentioned though, I'll probably start doing it again >.<

Sorry :D

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2007, 4:56 pm

That's it, I've got it!

"Gimme Five" is "Float On" without the sex. Yes, they did try to teach people in addition to being funny.

Northern Calloway passed away in 1990 because he really was depressed with himself. All the rest of the guys who sang that song are still alive.

Isn't that great edutainment?

JakeG
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2007, 2:06 pm

I have always tended to count things from a young age especially as a younger child when bored I would tend to count the number of tiles on the floor; things like that. I remember when my mother used to take me with to the shops I would always scan the shelves and try and add up all the price tags on a given row of shelves. I still tend to do these things now, almost unconciously but I think it is just a habit that has crept up over the years. In terms of words, I tend to find myself counting their number of letters as opposed to number of syllables. This helps me a bit in crosswords as I now seem to have a really good sense of how many letters are in a word without really having to count. I tend to do it by mentally picturing words as groups of 1,2,3 and 5 letters so for example if thought the word 'unneccesary' was a possible answer to a clue I immediately know it is 11 letters without counting or writing it down.