Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2015, 6:54 am

Hi back to trying to find a job since disability was denied yet again! Even Medicaid (U.S. Government help medical insurance) denied me. I have medical supplies + Pills = a couple hundred a month! Luckily I have a stock pile of the supplies but still!! !!

I did 8 applications all retail stores and was drained socially exhausted! One of them had 90 "social questionnaire" questions!! !! !

Someone here that responds on my posts sometimes mention civil services I found some and a good site and plan to load up my resume there.

I guess check work from home again but my voice is fast and I sound 2. :-( (I'm nearly 30 BTW)

Most CJ jobs local are IT which I have no experience.

Pennysaver and Craigslist seem shady to me.

Woke up in tears! I don't want another grueling day socially of having to look for a job!! !

I worked at McDonald's for 3 months in 2006 you know what that did?

Tired/Depressed/stressed when you get home go to bed (get up go to work in the morning rinse/repeat)

part time 2-3 days a week even 1 day to recharge wasn't enough!

Maybe a retail or data job wouldn't be OMG! McDonald's but I'm not so sure if I'm expected to interact and be social 24/7! I'm not good at "putting on a mask" I run through a social check list and by the end of the day am tired/drained (in normal life dealing with family or chores at home even.) If I could handle the social checklist of a job I'm not too sure! :-(

Overall denial = Got your Bachelors Criminal Justice not disabled you can get a job! But I never did internships just have a piece of paper on my wall this past year!! ! :-(

beakybird
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2015, 10:59 am

zeldapsychology wrote:
Hi back to trying to find a job since disability was denied yet again! Even Medicaid (U.S. Government help medical insurance) denied me. I have medical supplies + Pills = a couple hundred a month! Luckily I have a stock pile of the supplies but still!! ! !

I did 8 applications all retail stores and was drained socially exhausted! One of them had 90 "social questionnaire" questions!! ! ! !

Someone here that responds on my posts sometimes mention civil services I found some and a good site and plan to load up my resume there.

I guess check work from home again but my voice is fast and I sound 2. :-( (I'm nearly 30 BTW)

Most CJ jobs local are IT which I have no experience.

Pennysaver and Craigslist seem shady to me.

Woke up in tears! I don't want another grueling day socially of having to look for a job!! !

I worked at McDonald's for 3 months in 2006 you know what that did?

Tired/Depressed/stressed when you get home go to bed (get up go to work in the morning rinse/repeat)

part time 2-3 days a week even 1 day to recharge wasn't enough!

Maybe a retail or data job wouldn't be OMG! McDonald's but I'm not so sure if I'm expected to interact and be social 24/7! I'm not good at "putting on a mask" I run through a social check list and by the end of the day am tired/drained (in normal life dealing with family or chores at home even.) If I could handle the social checklist of a job I'm not too sure! :-(

Overall denial = Got your Bachelors Criminal Justice not disabled you can get a job! But I never did internships just have a piece of paper on my wall this past year!! ! :-(

I suggested this to another person on here and it worked for them. An employment agency. Most low level office jobs (data entry, clerical etc) go through them and it cuts down drastically on the social drain of job searches. They just send you out to interviews when they find something they think they can place you on. Sometimes you dont even have to interview, just show up and start the day they tell you to. Often in a group with other starting at the same time.

Ive had much success this way. Id certainly give it a try if I were you.

RubyTates
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Oct 2015, 12:01 pm

Do you have anyone that can help you financially? I'm asking because if you think applying for jobs in retail is tough- you have no idea how tough it is going to be when you actually get on the floor and have to start dealing with people. If you have a BA degree, why not try a clerical job? There are many entry level clerical jobs where you can sit down at a desk all day instead of standing and that will give you work experience. Retail and fast food are the worst examples of jobs for Aspies to do.

BTW, don't be afraid of Craigslist. I've gotten all my jobs through there and they have been at some pretty reputable and awesome places. Don't limit yourself. If you do, you will have a much harder time and finding a job that suits you.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2015, 1:15 pm

Can you commute to an industrial park?

http://www.parktowneindustrialcenter.co ... sites.html
An example of an industrial park in Florida with a listing of businesses on a web site.

Scorpius14
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2015, 12:32 am

Im in the same boat, in my country theres a thing called PIP (Personal Independence Payment), where it actually says if you have difficulty interacting with other people, or if your mental health impacts work or finding a job, in my case it does. But my diagnosis was over 15 years ago, and only just recently just found out its called infantile autism which must be called something different now, as if you notice the keyword 'infantile' my GP assumes that the 'illness' has long passed and i'm in the all clear. I researched it myself, and only saw some correlation between the amount of omega-3 that is deficient in my brain that apparently causes it.

Enough about that whole story, still looking for a job, been placed on another governmental scheme which aims to help with interviewing, and CV help which I probably don't need. I have a total of 18 weeks work experience (unpaid), jobcentre keeps lecturing me to get paid jobs instead of volunteering, and at the same time they don't suggest any paid jobs that are vacant at that time.

Also my anxiety skyrockets when I go into an unfamiliar setting, especially if it's unfavourable and with alot of people. I haven't disclosed my condition to the jobcenter yet, even though I've been signing on for benefits for over a year, they don't really need to know.

pineapplehead
Raven
Raven

10 Oct 2015, 1:39 am

It's a b***h, and even moreso for us. Retail applications are annoying (because of those stupid personality tests you mentioned), but it is coming into hiring season. I say to keep churning them out... but honestly, I think retail would be even worse than fast food. If you do get a retail job, I guarantee you will work Black Friday. It will be hell on earth. Most likely they wouldn't keep you on permanently, but it's worth a shot. Maybe you'll get lucky and be put in the stock room.