PIP UK Benefit Face to Face Assessment? Any advice please?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

bluemooon123
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Oct 2015, 2:39 pm

Hello,
I have my Pip face to face assessment soon and I am really worried about it. I am not sure what to expert. Has anyone had one before? Any advice on how to cope with it? I struggle to explain myself so really worried about I will deal with it. What type of questions do they ask?

Scorpius14
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2015, 1:31 pm

I applied for PIP, filled in the form and everything and they straight up rejected it because aspergers is no longer supported as evidence as a disability that affects everyday living, which is kind of the truth in that I can do anything but I think it might affect the way I look for jobs or perform in jobs. Even though PIP says social issues is a factor, it probably needs other things in order to get the care component.

You may get the daily living component of PIP if you need help with things like:
(here are the ones I should have been eligible)

-reading and communicating (this goes hand in hand over engaging with others, I don't naturally walk up to other people and start conversations which is what a neurotypical would usually do)
-managing your medicines or treatments (i also have a chronic illness which is in poor control due to motivation)
-making decisions about money (gambling everytime I get my benefit payment as well as poor budgeting for food (£70 per week))
-engaging with other people (i keep conversations to a minimum)

According to my GP, my condition (HFA, Aspergers) is only present in children and dies out the time you reach adulthood.

bluemooon123
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Oct 2015, 12:28 pm

Sorry you didn't have a good experience! That's really worrying! Did you not go for a interview?

Scorpius14
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2015, 4:49 am

Forgot to say it was a few months ago, i didn't get to the interview stage, there was no evidence that I could present with the application form so thats where it stopped. I'm trying again and they said that they will contact the GP to see if they can get evidence of my disability, i think the diagnosis letter runs out after 15 years which it has been, so i'm afraid that the GP would reject my request again as they would still think the disability only lasts for that amount of time. Coincidentally the 15 years from my diagnosis, I just started adulthood. When I fill out the application form, I will have to ask the GP in person as soon as possible and explain that it is a lifelong condition, but the GP in my area is really ignorant and is only in it for the money, also don't have any health workers or support workers who I can get help from either.

I've been talking about my problems while this thread asks for advice on your face-to-face assessment, well if I get my assessment i might share tips, thats a matter of an 'if' not a when, nothing is guaranteed in this world.

JakeASD
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2015, 4:55 am

Coincidentally, I have mine on the 27th of this month. I am 99.99999% certain they will reject my claim, though.