Imagine a 30 year old male dating a 19 year old female...

Page 7 of 10 [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

graceksjp
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 10:43 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Keep in mind, just because some 19 year olds are in college and still able to get away with basically being kids/students for a few more years, other 19 year olds already have a preschool age kid and have been working full-time for a year or two and would basically view me as 'the kid' (lives at home with parents, wastes money on toys and time/energy on making music for himself, has no career) who would be outgrown in a year or two. (not a reference to my ex, she was a student and pretty immature for that matter, even compared to other 19 year olds, or me (but not me at 19 >.>)

I know thats kinda the problem with generalization. But I dont think 19 year old parents are the norm.

I think maturity is a big thing. But I think its best to find someone close to you in maturity and in age. Just because I can sometimes act like a 12 year old, doesnt mean I should date a 12 year old. Ya know?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 4:45 pm

An if no one your age is close to your maturity and refuses to date you you should what reject younger women Abe be alone forever?

Are you comparing dating younger adult women to pedophiles ?

Here a lot of 19 old women have kids. Some have multiple kids.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 5:51 pm

She's not saying you're a pedophile. I guess she's not into older men.

I don't believe you dating a 19-year-old should be considered anything to be judged. I just don't believe it's really that big a deal.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 5:56 pm

The rule I've heard is half your age plus seven. Because algebra is involved in dating now.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 6:04 pm

According to that rule, Sly can date somebody 22 1/2 years old or above LOL

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 6:13 pm

X/2 + 7 = :heart:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 6:19 pm

There used to be this comic called "The Far Side."

Within one episode, a whole bunch of people were talking to each other in equations within a "singles bar".....

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 6:39 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
She's not saying you're a pedophile. I guess she's not into older men.

I don't believe you dating a 19-year-old should be considered anything to be judged. I just don't believe it's really that big a deal.

She seems to be comparing men who date younger women to it though :/

And yet it clearly is judged

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 6:40 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
The rule I've heard is half your age plus seven. Because algebra is involved in dating now.

Now it’s your age exactly or older but since the older has to date their age or older you can’t date them.
Though this might just apply to men as I’ve never heard anything bad about a 30 old woman dating a 18 old man for example

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 7:40 pm

Even these days, it is most frequent for the man to be older than the woman.

graceksjp
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 9:09 pm

sly279 wrote:
An if no one your age is close to your maturity and refuses to date you you should what reject younger women Abe be alone forever?

Are you comparing dating younger adult women to pedophiles ?

Here a lot of 19 old women have kids. Some have multiple kids.

K yeah so not what I was saying. A 19 year old isnt a child. I was just saying the maturity rule doesnt always apply. And that it shouldnt really be how you decide who to or not to date. I kinda feel like theres other more important factors. But thats just me. Also it isnt just older men with younger women. Older women with younger men feels mostly the same. Although Im not a huge fan of the whole 'MILF' thing which is why its probably looked at differently by society. And yeah societys gonna judge. (its what they do best!) Its just not the norm for most people. Plus, studies show the wider the age gap the more likely a divorce would happen.

Again, 19 year old parents are the norm. Yes, Im generalizing but whatever thats why theres such thing as an average. And Ive already addressed why maybe this particular site might get different answers than usual. Nothing against anyone, but yall have mentioned a lot of you think you mature slower than NTs.
Besides, even Id honestly be ok with dating someone at a slightly different maturity level than me. I mean, so long as they arent acting like a middle schooler than Im ok with a little above or below my own. Cause hey, on one hand they might bring out my own playful, youthful side more. And on the other, they might help me grow in maturity myself.

kraftiekortie wrote:
Even these days, it is most frequent for the man to be older than the woman.

Yeah its kinda a girl thing. Or well teen girl thing at least. Years of camp have taught me that. Most teen girls have a list and 'taller' and 'older' are usually on it. Its like a thing.

But ya know whats important is how you feel when you're with someone, not how many years separate you. And everyone is allowed to have their own opinions and preferences. So, whatever floats your goat I guess. :mrgreen:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 9:10 pm

graceksjp wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Keep in mind, just because some 19 year olds are in college and still able to get away with basically being kids/students for a few more years, other 19 year olds already have a preschool age kid and have been working full-time for a year or two and would basically view me as 'the kid' (lives at home with parents, wastes money on toys and time/energy on making music for himself, has no career) who would be outgrown in a year or two. (not a reference to my ex, she was a student and pretty immature for that matter, even compared to other 19 year olds, or me (but not me at 19 >.>)

I know thats kinda the problem with generalization. But I dont think 19 year old parents are the norm.

I think maturity is a big thing. But I think its best to find someone close to you in maturity and in age. Just because I can sometimes act like a 12 year old, doesnt mean I should date a 12 year old. Ya know?

Well, not in this society... but maybe if they're heir in line to become God-Emperor. Image

As for young parents, it depends on your community and society.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 9:12 pm

dating yes. sex no.

graceksjp
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 9:22 pm

RightGalaxy wrote:
dating yes. sex no.

Doesnt dating typically come with sex?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 9:57 pm

RightGalaxy wrote:
dating yes. sex no.

So they can date and get married but never have sex their whole lives unless they cheat?

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 10:11 pm

graceksjp wrote:
Doesnt dating typically come with sex?
Typically, yes. But I'm at a point in life where the idea of having sex disgusts me. This includes most forms of foreplay and even nudity. I'd sell my soul to date without sex. Fully-clothed French kissing and fondling is fine if I'm really drunk, and only if I'm really drunk, but that's the maximum I'm comfortable with. Sadly, most women my age won't stand for it; they'll demand sex from me. :( Well, at least today, I have a plausible excuse: the antidepressant I take wiped out whatever was left of my libido.