Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

C1MPAQ
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Oct 2015, 2:34 am

Particularly I am personally looking for some elitist community. That is: mostly older people (30+) and quite intelligent people.

Google is a poor tool to find other communities created and managed by the affected. And lists from other boards seem to be old and of low quality. Basically there is only Wrongplanet, which is too big and unspecific, and lots of basically dead or scattered "clones" that are hard to sieve out in the internet noise.

Can you name any or provide lists?

All I know is the old chatautism by aspiesforfreedom.com and the new chatautism, now renamed to openasd.org .

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2015, 5:52 pm

C1MPAQ wrote:
Particularly I am personally looking for some elitist community. That is: mostly older people (30+) and quite intelligent people.

Google is a poor tool to find other communities created and managed by the affected. And lists from other boards seem to be old and of low quality. Basically there is only Wrongplanet, which is too big and unspecific, and lots of basically dead or scattered "clones" that are hard to sieve out in the internet noise.

Can you name any or provide lists?

All I know is the old chatautism by aspiesforfreedom.com and the new chatautism, now renamed to openasd.org .

Use "-[search parameter]" in your google searches to weed out irrelevant searches until you find what you are looking for.

CryosHypnoAeon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Oct 2015, 6:21 pm

Elitist ?

You fancy yourself part of the "break away" civilization developing currently in the private/military/govt sector ?

lol

I honestly don't think they'll have you.
You have to be at least a billionaire.
I don't think IQ is much of a concern in that "community".

It's all about money and power.

If that's your idea of a good world to exist in,
have at it.

Good luck

Rudin
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2015, 7:21 pm

You could join Mensa. I believe you have to have an IQ in the top 2nd percentile (1 in 50 people).

What exactly do you have in mind? What intelligent things would you like to discuss in said communities?

-Paul Erdos

"There are two types of cryptography in this world: cryptography that will stop your kid sister from looking at your files, and cryptography that will stop major governments from reading your files."

-Bruce Schneider