Do you ever have days where you feel absolutely NOTHING?! !

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

trent
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Apr 2007, 10:05 am

Yesterday, I was daydreaming about dating this unattainable bridesmaid, and today, I feel nothing. I used to feel so much when I listened to new songs with strange beats. Now, when I hear a new song like it, It's meh!

Does anybody feel like this? I need help!! !

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2007, 10:10 am

I sometimes have days where I have no motivation at all and don't want to do the things I usually do, earlier in the week I was feeling a bit like that. But most of the time I daydream too much.

trent
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Apr 2007, 10:26 am

I actually daydream alot too. It's just today I feel like I feel flat, when I should feel happy I'm just alive.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2007, 10:44 am

trent wrote:
I actually daydream alot too. It's just today I feel like I feel flat, when I should feel happy I'm just alive.

I feel like that sometimes too, well, a lot really. Whenever I have a good day and feel happy, something really insignificant will usually happen which will change everything really quickly. It's normally something really stupid as well, like something someone says. Then it's really hard to feel better.
I always find I change from happy to the oppositie a lot faster than I do the other way round. If that makes sense.

HolidayonIce
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Apr 2007, 10:51 am

Boy howdy, does that ever sound familiar! Have you been peeping my windows? Last weekend I wore the same clothes from Friday through Sunday and managed to ignore housekeeping tasks, etc., until a burst of energy hit around 8 p.m. Sunday that kept me awake and doing laundry, etc. until around 3 a.m. Monday. Of course, that left my wagon draggin' at work Monday...

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2007, 10:52 am

I have times when I feel meh and times when I truly don't feel. I call it ‘null’ state. Dissociation, depersonalization, derealization (wiki) sort of cover it but don't have mention to having no feeling or response.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2007, 10:54 am

OP: yeah...everyday. Conversely, those one in a trillion days where I've got an "idea"; a "want", I wonder if I should ask for help so I can get back to my apathetic mad self.

nutbag
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2007, 11:45 am

Meh, (that is the first time I have used "Meh"!) all the time. I think That I rarely if ever have sponteneous feelings. I think I can go days without any real feelings.

Music (carefully chosen) can spark feelings most of the time. But some days are just blank.

I am olden and accustomed go stuff like this.

cynicism occurs immediately upon pressing your brain's start button

Remnant
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2007, 1:15 pm

I've deliberately induced such states in order to rest my mind. It's very useful for dealing with agitation. Once you realize that you can control and use the state of feeling nothing, and use it to recharge your batteries, it's really nice.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2007, 1:31 pm

this happens when i'm at school. i've contemplated standing up and leaving the classroom and the school. perhaps i could wander around the french quarter.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

Diamonddavej
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2007, 2:53 pm

I have gone days recently without feeling anything. I find this makes me very lazy and I get stuck in unproductive routines. Listening to music helps. I listen to music to motivate myself and change my moods and I would recommend music to others.

When I was young, someone asked me how I felt, I said, “my nerve endings send electrical messages to my brain where they are interpreted as sensations”. I have also said I feel neutral. However, there are times when I have felt the full gamut of emotions, very deeply etc. Its just that emotions are perhaps only felt when they reach 7 or 8 on my emotion dial, any lower and I’m neutral.

Also, emotions are important for understanding your self and other people. Working out other peoples behaviours can be difficult because allot of peoples actions and behaviours are dictated by their feelings, if you are a neutral person who is logical most of the time, you will have a hard time understanding other peoples emotions/actions. That is why it is important to understand your own emotions, then in turn you will understand other people better.