Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Marvin_the_Martian
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Oct 2015, 1:43 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Marvin is no match for Bugs Bunny.

GASP!

PHEW! PHEW! PHEW! Sizzling rays of energy filled the air as Martin the Martian began firing his death ray in all directions.

Mighty edifices crumbled ... a mountain was leveled ... a once towering forest was transformed into an ash filled smoking waste land.

All was still as Marvin, the mighty destroyer of worlds and scourge of the galaxy glared about, muttering to himself in angry satisfaction.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2015, 2:24 pm

Microbiology & epigenetics appears much like machinery from an outside perspective. I think individuality gets exchanged at face-level, whereas all the same basic machinery can be found in your little toe.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2015, 10:00 am

No, nobody is truly an individual---people can be readily divided with a big sword or a guillotine, for example.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

14 Oct 2015, 11:19 am

Oh my, then they may need group therapy!

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2015, 11:32 am

No Human has the same genes as another one. There are too many variables for two people to live exactly the same life. Therefore it takes 1 different thing to split an entirely new branch from the trunk (imagine the person as a tree).

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2015, 3:52 pm

Genetics are unique (aside from rare cases-- i.e. twins), but that does not endow them with individuality. There are two processes at play with humans, there's the genetic component and then there's the social component. While the individual genetics may be unique, that uniqueness is forced to comply to the demands of the social hierarchy. That's why people seem to lack individuality, there are only so many behaviors that are allowed and accepted by the social hierarchy, therefore everyone appears the same because their behaviors are the same.

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2015, 3:31 pm

Some of these comments are interesting.

Some are funny :)

Destruction and creation are 2 sides of the same coin.

beakybird
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2015, 7:39 pm