Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Ecomatt91
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2015, 9:54 pm

To be honest I am fulfilling with career aspirations because of my influence from my masters degree. I have friends and family support me. I have sports and social life due to my involvement with like minded interests especially with other people I can chat to.

I just don't like being told as patient because it is slowing me down too far at the same time that the society is actually doing this process quicker than I am.

My psychologist told me I need to be patient because taking friendships first is more better than rushing and have sex at 2nd date, and those kind of scenarios. Why it is seem so pointless to tell me to be patient and wait while no one else does the same process?

I don't like staying dateless virgin for longer time, that make me fear of increasing undesirability to attract women.

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2015, 1:30 am

KoalaAardvark wrote:
Yes, like <1% of women and men are 30+ virgins. I wouldn't necessarily classify that as lot of virgins.

Where is this number from? Is this from a peer-reviewed article? Could you share the link to it please?

SwissPagan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Oct 2015, 4:59 am

KoalaAardvark wrote:
Ecomatt91 wrote:
KoalaAardvark wrote:
Ecomatt91 wrote:
Google search tells us a bigger story:

Looks like not aspies problem at all.

You're right! Just guys with social anxiety and poor social skills! Like in the Psychology Today article about late in life virgins and sexual surrogates.

The redpill stuff's based on bad and no science. It's the go-to place for the Elliot Rodgers and Chris Harper Mercers whom women sensibly elect to avoid. Pick Up Artist crap, trying to do an end-run around Mother Nature. Who totally knows what she's doing, ie bad genes are less likely to get passed along to the next generation.

There also a lot of women are virgins at 30 in that search too. Most of them are like couldn't get chemistry with guys, and kept rejecting guys for sex.

Yes, like <1% of women and men are 30+ virgins. I wouldn't necessarily classify that as lot of virgins.

when do you personally think men and women should have their virginity lost, what age?

Ecomatt91
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2015, 6:15 am

The average age of 17.6 years.

KoalaAardvark
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Oct 2015, 7:32 am

314pe wrote:
KoalaAardvark wrote:

Where is this number from? Is this from a peer-reviewed article? Could you share the link to it please?

The CDC's stats:
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhsr/nhsr036.pdf

KoalaAardvark
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Oct 2015, 7:34 am

Ecomatt91 wrote:
To be honest I am fulfilling with career aspirations because of my influence from my masters degree. I have friends and family support me. I have sports and social life due to my involvement with like minded interests especially with other people I can chat to.

I just don't like being told as patient because it is slowing me down too far at the same time that the society is actually doing this process quicker than I am.

My psychologist told me I need to be patient because taking friendships first is more better than rushing and have sex at 2nd date, and those kind of scenarios. Why it is seem so pointless to tell me to be patient and wait while no one else does the same process?

I don't like staying dateless virgin for longer time, that make me fear of increasing undesirability to attract women.

Isn't telling you not to rush kind of moot at the moment, seeing as you have no first dates scheduled yet?

SwissPagan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Oct 2015, 7:42 am

KoalaAardvark wrote:
Ecomatt91 wrote:

Isn't telling you not to rush kind of moot at the moment, seeing as you have no first dates scheduled yet?

well its the catch 22. do you want to fight your way to a stable life and then a relationship, or a relationship first then build a stable life together?

Phemto
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Oct 2015, 7:50 am

I'm beginning to think the OP is trolling us. We get a new post every week or two with the same basic premise. Then a lot of people chime in with advice, or further questions. We seldom get answers to the questions and never get any indication that any of the advice has been tested in social settings, or reasons why that advice is not applicable.

We occasionally get hints of information that would have been helpful from the beginning, like hearing loss. How much? IS he trying to accommodations or just powering through and wondering why it fails? No answers. What other valuable information is being held back.

Or.... is it all made up.

Or. Does he just want to hear "Poor Matt" over and over, but can't be bothered with any solutions.

Sorry for the tough words, but I think it's something that needs to be worked through.

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2015, 5:44 pm

Ecomatt91 wrote:

I'm not telling you to be patient and do nothing. What I'm telling you is that your attitude is going to keep you from meeting your goal. You think something is wrong with you and with your life because you lack dating experience. Your desperation is unattractive. Nobody wants to spend a lot of time with somebody who feels sorry for themselves.

If you accepted your life as a single person instead of being obsessed with getting dates, you would be a more enjoyable person to be around and might actually attract some women.

Ecomatt91
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2015, 6:53 pm

em_tsuj wrote:
Ecomatt91 wrote:

I'm not telling you to be patient and do nothing. What I'm telling you is that your attitude is going to keep you from meeting your goal. You think something is wrong with you and with your life because you lack dating experience. Your desperation is unattractive. Nobody wants to spend a lot of time with somebody who feels sorry for themselves.

If you accepted your life as a single person instead of being obsessed with getting dates, you would be a more enjoyable person to be around and might actually attract some women.

My poor attitudes are highly reflective to how sexualised and superficial the society is. So many people are rushing and this made me think it is a way to get someone, since that from my observation sees them getting it just fine. That why lot of people lose their virginity before 20. Since the average age is 17.4, or 17.6 in Australia, does this seems more impatient and desperate than older virgins like myself from mid 20's to other people in their 30's?

You can tell that the survey census results illustrate that people have their first experience become a majority by 24, then by 35 it becomes almost everyone experienced it. In this case, I can tell this is very reflective to rushing and desperate. My psychologist told me its completely natural and very humane to feel emotionally about this, since that sex is part of sociological and biological life. In terms of us being 'animals'.

I met couple of lady friends who have severe anxiety and depression, they still get dates and romantic relationships. I thought it is usually other way around, even when they should be themselves to worry about their own problems before loving someone else. This confuses me. So many different points, advices and scenarios. Its brainwashing me up.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2015, 10:44 pm

once you get your head out of your ass and stop blaming society and women for your problems you might get somewhere. posting multiple topics whining about how you're 24 and have a good education/career/physical appearance/social life but no women to have sex with is not helpful. I'm not suggesting that you be patient, I'm suggesting that you literally change your attitude because the annoyingly incessant entitled misogynist thing isn't working for you.

Ecomatt91
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2015, 10:59 pm

I pledge myself to close this topic.

I found answers for myself.

Thank you everyone for support. I have learned a lot.

SwissPagan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Oct 2015, 12:04 am

Ecomatt91 wrote:
I pledge myself to close this topic.

I found answers for myself.

Thank you everyone for support. I have learned a lot.

no prob.