Page 1 of 13 [ 194 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

InsomniaGrl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2015, 6:55 am

If you are in a relationship how did you meet your current partner, or if you are currently single how did you meet your ex? If you have never had a romantic/sexual partner, how (if you try) do you try, to meet anyone?

Drawyer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2015, 6:59 am

How would you do OP?

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2015, 7:29 am

I don't try. I'm not aware of anything I could do to raise my chances anywhere above zero, and have never been. Besides, I'm not sure it'd be morally acceptable to do anything.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2015, 7:40 am

I met my wife through a friend.

Usually, in my previous relationships, I would strike up a friendship with the person. Then, if we were both interested, we would pursue romance/lovemaking.

InsomniaGrl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2015, 9:35 am

Drawyer wrote:
How would you do OP?

Keep batting my eyelashes :wink:

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2015, 9:55 am

I just try to connect with someone through shared interests and then try to become friends from there.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

OohLaLah
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Oct 2015, 9:56 am

InsomniaGrl wrote:
If you are in a relationship how did you meet your current partner, or if you are currently single how did you meet your ex? If you have never had a romantic/sexual partner, how (if you try) do you try, to meet anyone?

On OKC.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2015, 9:57 am

Yep...that would do it for me, Insomnia Gal!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2015, 10:10 am

Well...when it comes to how I attract casual sex partners, for anyone curious, just pm me. ;-)

traven
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2015, 10:41 am

Meeting as acquaintance in extended acquaintance situation, and re-meeting much later.

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2015, 11:25 am

I pretty much asked 25 girls on Tinder what their favorite pokemon was. Only one responded, she said "i really like luxray and gardevoir" It all started from there.

I used Tinder in the least likely way you'd use it and it worked.

My philosophy is it's so stupid it might work.

Last edited by darkphantomx1 on 14 Oct 2015, 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2015, 11:27 am

Batting their eyelashes is a good way for women to break my illusion that I'm dealing with equals. To me, it means, "Unlike you, I am attractive and desirable as a partner. Don't even dream of interacting with me any more closely than strictly whatever external circumstances force me to tolerate, and bear in mind I can easily summon someone more than capable of beating the s**t out of you, and more than willing to chivalrously rid me of the nuisance you are. Watch out!".

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Cockroach96
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2015, 11:39 am

Oh, come on!
When a girl does that, she is either flirting or just blinking.

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2015, 11:40 am

InsomniaGrl wrote:
Drawyer wrote:
How would you do OP?

Keep batting my eyelashes :wink:

#easylife

OohLaLah
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Oct 2015, 11:40 am

Spiderpig wrote:
Batting their eyelashes is a good way for women to break my illusion that I'm dealing with equals. To me, it means, "Unlike you, I am attractive and desirable as a partner. Don't even dream of interacting with me any more closely than strictly whatever external circumstances force me to tolerate, and bear in mind I can easily summon someone more than capable of beating the s**t out of you, and more than willing to chivalrously rid me of the nuisance you are. Watch out!".

You get all that from eyelashes?! You've got quite the persecution complex going on. Refusing to engage with girls, ever, is an excellent strategy for remaining single.

InsomniaGrl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2015, 12:08 pm

Spiderpig wrote:

That was a cheeky fun comment aimed at Drawyer. I understand a person anger at the mating game, it's mostly cruel, with rules made long ago, without human consent, but my nature. Sex is not equal and righteous, neither is birth and death. I don't think there is much point in targeting individuals who don't don't play fairly in a rigged game. The same way I don't hate the guys or girls who use a person for their gratification. I don't like the injustice of sexual relations, but I'm not perfect, and I don't know anyone who is, so I try to hate the situation we find ourselves in, and not the person, if I possible can.