It's not a razor. It's not a laser.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2015, 8:15 pm

It's no-no.

Anyone here who finds this TV commercial annoying? I do.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2015, 9:39 pm

I find all snake oil products - and their over the top, emotion/insecurity-targeting advertisements - very annoying. They're frauds that skirt around various regulations and laws while making money off people who want to believe the product actually works.

http://consumerist.com/2015/10/13/laser ... -existing/

There are only two ways to permanently stop hair from growing (three if you include testosterone for some body parts) and they both *hurt* and are time consuming, yet for 120 years grifters have been selling products that promise to "revolutionize" the industry...

Marvin_the_Martian
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Oct 2015, 10:55 pm

I hate commercials and no longer have to watch them. Instead of paying a large monthly cable or satellite bill, I belong to Amazon and Netflix and livestream HDTV via WIFI. If I want news, I use the internet. If I want to watch current programs, I can watch Hulu ... but Hulu has commercials and I rather like NOT having commercials.

I've seen the no-no commercial and have been reliably informed by two different women that this product doesn't work nearly so well as the advertisements claim.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2015, 10:23 am

What kind of a name is No-No for a hair removal product? Honestly. There must be a book somewhere titled 10001 Stupid Names For Commercial Products. :lol: