Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ilovemycatman
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Oct 2015, 10:25 pm

schitzoid personality disorder? I don't know if that could be it but it scares me to think about that because my brother is a paranoid schizophrenic and I've seen him act.................irrational. But I've been this way for a long time. I can't sleep very well, i eat almost thoughtlessly, and I can't understand anyone or humans at all. It's......frustrating for me to live like this. :(

Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2015, 2:51 pm

Schizoid Personality Disorder has nothing to do with schizophrenia. It's more like a complete lack of interest in socializing. I'm not afraid to be around other people; I just don't see the point of it, and I'm perfectly happy alone.

(My diagnosis is Asperger's rather than SPD, but I have most of the symptoms.)

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2015, 3:00 pm

Ashariel wrote:
Schizoid Personality Disorder has nothing to do with schizophrenia. It's more like a complete lack of interest in socializing. I'm not afraid to be around other people; I just don't see the point of it, and I'm perfectly happy alone.

(My diagnosis is Asperger's rather than SPD, but I have most of the symptoms.)

I'm both an Aspie and diagnosed as schizoid. Kind of comes with the territory. I wouldn't worry about it.

nouse
Raven
Raven

27 Jan 2016, 3:59 pm

To be honest Schizoid sounds much better diagnosis for me. I'm going through my another extremely anhedonic phase (last 6 months) not wanting to connect with people at all. Does anyone else want to join in with me? It is bit ON/OFF actually. I become very sociable at times when the anhedonia is swiched off.

Evam
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jan 2016, 4:06 pm

nouse wrote:
To be honest Schizoid sounds much better diagnosis for me. I'm going through my another extremely anhedonic phase (last 6 months) not wanting to connect with people at all. Does anyone else want to join in with me? It is bit ON/OFF actually. I become very sociable at times when the anhedonia is swiched off.
What switches your anhedonia on and off?

nouse
Raven
Raven

28 Jan 2016, 2:05 am

Circumstances in life and energy levels. I find it hard to look for social contact. Place where you can use your brain in social enviroment is essential for me. If that is missing I witdraw and circle of total reclusion and anhedonia begins. I would say that strict routine environments and parties are my worst enemies.