Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

sonicallysensitive
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2015, 1:04 pm

He's funny :)

You'll spend an hour better watching this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNmUtnoD7Lk - than you will bothering with the oh-so PC 'activists' here (bring it, b*****s)

:)

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2015, 1:23 pm

NowhereWoman wrote:
Okay, your comments here and previously are actually a great analogy for the whole bullying issue.

I feel you want to get attention. You have admitted you're miserable. Button-pushing posts get you attention (at least sometimes). I can understand wanting attention. It's quite normal to desire attention. There are many ways to get attention - not just by being negative and hence getting negative attention. In this case, though - you may feel the ends (attention) justify the means (attempting to push people's buttons) but they haven't really done anything long-term for you. The next time around, people are still not going to pay attention to you until you button-push, because you haven't learned a better way yet. But since it sometimes works you keep doing it...rather than learn a different skill. Yet your bottom line is: It works! There are definitely perks to pushing buttons. The ends justify the means.

I certainly don’t want that kind of attention—the kind based on making assumptions about my “ends” and how they disqualify me for the debate. I’ve already stated my ends a few times and arguing about them with someone who claims to know them better than I do is a waste of time. And I don’t like the implication that looking for a civil debate with other willing participants is an evil goal.

I thought I could debate the topic at hand with you because you gave me a detailed reply in the other thread that seemed to address my points in an attempt to refute them without resorting to personal attacks, even if I still disagree; that’s why I replied the same way, expecting the discussion to continue in a similar fashion with anyone who cared to shed some light on it. Apparently, I was mistaken. If you don’t like my posts, please just ignore them from now on. I won’t seek your attention anymore unless you bring me up.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.