Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

irene
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Oct 2015, 6:58 pm

For the past week every 3 minutes I get a notice on my cell phone that someone is trying to get into my Outlook account. :pale: It's extremely annoying and would like very much if I could find a way of stopping them. :twisted: I know that they will never be able to get into it since I changed the password to a language other than English and added three symbols.

I considered reciprocating but that just doesn't seem to be "Kosher" to me. Besides I wouldn't know how to do it. Is there anyway of stopping this problem?

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2015, 7:30 pm

What you can do to stop that person/entity... no idea. But I'd suggest you make your password as long as possible.
Add some more symbols to your password, since every additional symbol (*/{}][%-<>&$§; etc.) makes your password MUCH more difficult to guess. If you make a password like this with maximum length, it will probably never be guessed correctly. But of course you need to be able to remember it.
Eventually the "hacker" will have to give up or guess forever.

Rudin
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2015, 7:46 pm

Bulletpoints:

-Make sure none of your account passwords are the same.

-Sentences are much stronger than phrases for passwords

-Use special characters for passwords.

-Paul Erdos

"There are two types of cryptography in this world: cryptography that will stop your kid sister from looking at your files, and cryptography that will stop major governments from reading your files."

-Bruce Schneider

irene
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Oct 2015, 9:16 am

Earthling and Rudin thank you very much for your help.

To get rid of the hackers I decided to remove Outlook from my telephone. Easy solution. Especially since I use the phone mainly to send text messages, not to access the internet.

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2015, 5:37 pm

That's terrible! Good for you for making a strong password. Make sure they didn't use your credit cards or anything.