Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Scanner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Oct 2015, 6:40 pm

So I posted a topic 2 weeks ago. I had an interview it seemed to go well. The office I found to be a little incompetent and not extremely organized and they were talking about co-workers behind their backs while I was in the waiting area.

There was lots of smiles and I was very talkative (though I didn't make eye contact) and we diverted from interview questions to just chit chat and it all seemed to go very well.

Fast forward two weeks later (I was suppose to call her the following week but she completely neglected to mention that she was going on vacation that week) and when I call she has no idea who am I and doesn't remember me and I just got a call today from someone trying to have me come in for another interview.

I told them I already had one and now they're suppose to talk with the person who interviewed me, but the office is small and they seemed to get things done relatively quickly. So I'm not sure what's taking so long.

The original woman said she would look me up in the system, and I was there when she did it the first time, it took her about five minutes, and it has been two days now.

Is it likely I didn't get the job?

BenReilly
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Oct 2015, 12:46 pm

I don't know. I wouldn't assume you didn't. I wouldn't try and form a belief either way, it just hurts in either case.
It could be you are being called in for a second interview or they feel they might have something in your area.

Either way I have burned a lot of bridges in the past after not getting jobs, and in the job I have now I know that the best way to get a job turned out to be volunteering somewhere, learning the ropes and then using that knowledge to knock an interview out of the park.

That didn't make the interview itself any easier. You are not alone in being confused. Recruiters try to be nice and reassuring to anyone who seems nervous or even everyone in general so its impossible for someone with AS to know. Hell most ordinary people unlike us won't know, despite the arrogant way they like to boast about getting every job and every girl in town. I get so sick of NT boasting.

Sources: I have been for and turned down for more jobs than I can count.

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2015, 1:12 pm

Sounds like either the company is screwed up, or you didn't get the job and they are trying to take the easy route of getting rid of you. I have had this happen to me in the past, so I would tend to go with Scenario B.

Scanner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Oct 2015, 12:36 pm

They called me back to come in for a second interview because the woman who interviewed me, remembers nothing about me.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2015, 12:52 pm

Scanner wrote:
So I posted a topic 2 weeks ago. I had an interview it seemed to go well. The office I found to be a little incompetent and not extremely organized and they were talking about co-workers behind their backs while I was in the waiting area.

There was lots of smiles and I was very talkative (though I didn't make eye contact) and we diverted from interview questions to just chit chat and it all seemed to go very well.

Fast forward two weeks later (I was suppose to call her the following week but she completely neglected to mention that she was going on vacation that week) and when I call she has no idea who am I and doesn't remember me and I just got a call today from someone trying to have me come in for another interview.

I told them I already had one and now they're suppose to talk with the person who interviewed me, but the office is small and they seemed to get things done relatively quickly. So I'm not sure what's taking so long.

The original woman said she would look me up in the system, and I was there when she did it the first time, it took her about five minutes, and it has been two days now.

Is it likely I didn't get the job?

In my experience there's no way to know yet. The office you describe sounds like a few I've worked with or for & it may be that they have no formalized processes for hirings. To be honest, my initial reaction is that the office is in crisis mode but then again that may be their normal way of being. And that would indicate everything they do is done ad hoc. If so, would that be an environment you feel you can do okay in? Keep in mind that is just a possibility.

BenReilly
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Oct 2015, 6:39 am

Scanner wrote:
They called me back to come in for a second interview because the woman who interviewed me, remembers nothing about me.

That doesn't hold much water as far as I can tell. I don't believe them. Thats about it lol.

Ilovesnails
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Oct 2015, 12:32 pm

I think I would count it a blessing if you haven't been hired with them yet. It doesn't sound like a very good company to work at based on your description. Regardless of the incompetency, the talking behind co-workers back is a big red flag. It sounds like it is likely to be clique-ish and that can bring on a lot of headache.

Scanner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Oct 2015, 5:28 pm

Ilovesnails wrote:
I think I would count it a blessing if you haven't been hired with them yet. It doesn't sound like a very good company to work at based on your description. Regardless of the incompetency, the talking behind co-workers back is a big red flag. It sounds like it is likely to be clique-ish and that can bring on a lot of headache.

I only plan on being there for a few months. I need money to expand my own online selling and to buy a few things for school.

Scanner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Oct 2015, 1:09 pm

My second interview was with the lead for stocking and it went well and I got the job. She's revamping the system to make complete sense and be very efficient and I agree with what she wants to implement so it could be a good job for me