Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2015, 12:26 pm

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
SocOfAutism wrote:
GiantHockeyFan wrote:
You want the honest answer? Are you sure? I know this is not going to make me popular but here goes.....

Basically, because you flat out said you don't want to hear anyone's advice and were recently rather rude and condescending to SocofAutism, one of the best and most helpful posters here IMO. I've also found that you don't really have much I can comment on directly anyway as I don't do drugs or alcohol and rarely play video games anymore.

Was he rude? I don't know which post you're talking about so I guess I didn't notice or follow up. Thank you for the compliment though. I needed that today! I spent this morning being kicked by my toddler as I tried to change his diaper, then I realized that getting tattooed sleeves when I was a young person was a big mistake because I had no idea if I had "splatter" on my arms or not. So then I had to scrub both of my arms like I was about to do surgery.

OP, you're a little spicy with your posts, but some people are like that. It could be that people are afraid of offending you or don't know what to say. I'm not easily offended so I reply if you're saying something that interests me.

Thanks for the pointer. Yeah, my anger has kind of been leaking out onto WP lately, and I do apologize if I have been rude to you. I'll admit that I have a tendency to be quite blunt, and this sometimes offends other people, but on the flipside, I've also gotten kind of used to people being blunt and straightforward with me. Sometimes I don't like it, but honestly, I'd rather people be upfront with me and tell me how they really feel, than hide their true emotions and try not to offend me.

I feel the same way! I suspect the reason why I get along with autistic people so well is because of the bluntness. I didn't use to be so straightforward myself, but as more and more of my circle of family and friends were on the spectrum my social skills changed to be more autism friendly. It often bites me in the rear when I interact with other NT people again.

I recall my twenties as being an angry and frustrating time. Nothing going the way I wanted, when I wanted. I'm almost 40 and things are surprisingly laid back now. Life kind of leaves you alone after awhile. Just give yourself breaks and spend time in the things that are interesting to you.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2015, 12:50 pm

Most people who post new threads are really looking for validation of their ideas, not new ones. Insightful postings that break new territory usually aren't welcome.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2015, 9:23 am

BTDT wrote:
Most people who post new threads are really looking for validation of their ideas, not new ones. Insightful postings that break new territory usually aren't welcome.

Very good point, and I agree. I like to promote discussion whenever I post things, however.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2015, 10:49 am

I think you're doing pretty good, Mr BigMouth. You are reflecting upon yourself.

You're not a bad guy. I think your thinking about yourself will lead to a greater amount of maturity within a small space of time. I hope this reflective mood lasts.

Have you finished that high school thing you mentioned? If so, maybe try college, or even University?

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2015, 12:28 am

The other day I was considering quitting school since I thought I couldn't recover my marks, but I decided not to. It gives me some structure and ultimately something to do with my time, which is a good thing. I'm still planning on taking the GED however, not only as a contingency plan in case I fail, but also so that I can get it out of the way and at least say that I have a diploma of some sort.

Also, I cleaned my place up a little bit the other day. It's not spotless, but it's a lot better than it used to be.

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2015, 7:49 am

I'm guess I'm not caught up on things because maybe your information was in more than one thread. Or my eyes weren't light enough to look to the side and see that you're 21. Are you still in high school?

If so, lemme go out on a limb as a person who has been in college way too long, and say that community college will let you take high school topics all over again, but take more of what you like and do remedial levels in stuff you're not good at. They will teach you something at an elementary school level if that's what you need. And people regularly DO need it.

Then when or if you want, you go on to a trade school or a four year.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2015, 6:29 pm

SocOfAutism wrote:
I'm guess I'm not caught up on things because maybe your information was in more than one thread. Or my eyes weren't light enough to look to the side and see that you're 21. Are you still in high school?

If so, lemme go out on a limb as a person who has been in college way too long, and say that community college will let you take high school topics all over again, but take more of what you like and do remedial levels in stuff you're not good at. They will teach you something at an elementary school level if that's what you need. And people regularly DO need it.

I dropped out of high school at 19, and I started taking upgrading earlier this year. It's something most community colleges do here.

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2015, 8:38 am

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
SocOfAutism wrote:

I dropped out of high school at 19, and I started taking upgrading earlier this year. It's something most community colleges do here.

Ohh okay...I don't know if they do that in my region, but alternately you could take a couple months of GED classes (or study a book like I did), take the GED, then go to community college and then to trade school or a four-year. It just sounds like you've been doing this program too long. Is it supposed to go that way? Isn't it a waste of your time?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2015, 8:53 am

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
It seems like every time I make an insightful post or ask a question on an online forum thread (including WP), no one responds, and the thread is left to die for a prolonged period of time. Why is this? Be honest.

Similarly, sometimes my posts get completely trampled over and I have to reiterate points I've made after people reply to me without fully reading my posts. I try not to write utter textwalls, although admittedly I have done it before.

It makes me feel bad when I kill a thread.

Sometimes I think it might have something to do with my style of writing/thinking and people don't know how to respond.

It might be the same for you.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 9:03 pm

babybird wrote:
Sometimes I think it might have something to do with my style of writing/thinking and people don't know how to respond.

It might be the same for you.

I think it is the same for me. It must have something to do with aspie mindblindness.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2015, 1:59 pm

A lot of threads have just died with me being the last poster, especially on the Random Discussion forum, which I visit the most.

Maybe I'm just really good at posting replies and other people can't thing of something else as clever or interesting to say afterwards. :mrgreen: Nah. :(

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2015, 1:55 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
A lot of threads have just died with me being the last poster, especially on the Random Discussion forum, which I visit the most.

Maybe I'm just really good at posting replies and other people can't thing of something else as clever or interesting to say afterwards. :mrgreen: Nah. :(

I've often thought the same thing. :P