Page 3 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

lau
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2007, 9:00 pm

nb411 wrote:
Hey I just wanted to add that I downloaded Opera 9.20 and it has a really awesome feature called speed dial. It displays nine thumbnails of your favourite most visited sites when you start a new page and as the name suggests you can click on them. Borat says, Izzz niiice.

I trust you can turn it off. It would annoy me no end. What I "open a new page" (or rather, a new tab) I want that, not something else.

nb411
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2007, 12:20 am

Yes well there is no reason why it should interfere with typing in a new address. It even has a search engine button. If you don't like the idea simply because you like to look at an empty screen then you should be able to do that no problems.

ahayes
Banned
Banned

13 Apr 2007, 1:31 am

Opera is one of those pig headed apps that doesn't use Cocoa, it's okay on Windows or Linux.

FireFox has problems too, but on Windows or Linux it's the best, worth the speed penalty because of its plugin system.

I would use Camino if it had extensions, but right now it isn't worth the speed penalty.

Safari isn't feature rich, but it's the only browser that isn't a kludge on OSX, aside from Camino, but it's slower.