Page 4 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

kt-64
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2007, 8:36 am

I love morrowind, dagoth is sure a mean b@$t@rd.

I also like the c&c series, especially for kane he's cool.

Kliffhanger
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 May 2007, 3:47 pm

Fallout, World of Warcraft, Castlevania- series, all Super Mario- platformers, Commander Keen- series, Beneath the Steel Sky, FreeSpace 2, Descent, Knights of the Old Republic, Jak and Daxter, Total War- series, Doukutsu Monogatari (aka. Cave Story) original Doom and Quake 3.

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

31 May 2007, 7:02 pm

Kliffhanger wrote:
World of Warcraft

Which server?

Kliffhanger

03 Jun 2007, 4:43 pm

gwenevyn wrote:
Kliffhanger wrote:
World of Warcraft

Which server?

Xavius @ EU, have been inactive for three months due to lack of time though.

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

03 Jun 2007, 4:50 pm

Kliffhanger wrote:
gwenevyn wrote:
Kliffhanger wrote:
World of Warcraft

Which server?

Xavius @ EU, have been inactive for three months due to lack of time though.

Same here, except I've been inactive for the past three months on Uther.

Pugly
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2007, 5:19 pm

Here are my top 10 favorite games.

1: Super Smash Bros. Melee (GCN)
Easily my favorite, the mulitplayer is the most fun to be had of any game. And the game is surprisingly deep and well balanced. It is equally good as a game for new players and as a game for vetern game players. Just waiting for SSBB... easily my most anticipated game ever.

2: Simcity (PC)
This is kindof for the whole Simcity as a franchise since I love every one. Simcity 4 and Simcity 2000 are the best... but something about the original on the PC and SNES just seem perfect. Everything is so simple and easy to understand and addicting. I upgrade my PC to play the latest Simcity every time a new one comes out... I am that obsessed about this game

3: Rock n' Roll Racing (SNES,GBA)
My favorite racing game, made by the good folks at Blizzard. The game combines addicting racing gameplay, with strategic money management, and cool cars. Plus the rock music is midi greatness. Think of the addicting gameplay of Diablo or World of Warcraft but in a racing game...

4: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES,GBA)
The best Zelda game. It has everything, challenge, lengthy quest, great puzzles, and the last Zelda game that actually started out as a game... most new Zelda game focus too much on the story. Everything about this game is perfect... and I play each new Zelda game hoping it will match its greatness. I am always slightly disapointed.

5: Metroid Prime (GCN)
Where I am disapointed in the gameplay of newer Zeldas, this game picks it up and runs with it. The game has great puzzles, challenging gameplay, and interesting world, and the game puts you right into the game. Metroid Prime 2 is equaly as great, but the originality of this puts it a bit higher.

6: Goldeneye (N64)
The great multiplayer game before Smash Bros. But with a great single player that blew me away. Everything was perfectly balanced and just felt right in this game. You could sneak around, but sometimes had to blow everything up. I am not a big FPS gamer, but this game almost made me one.

7: Final Fantasy II/IVj (SNES)
The game that made me addicted to RPGs. Something about the way this game is set up, with the music and story which comptelely entralled me as a 12 year old, to the gameplay got me hooked. I am still in awe everytime I hear music from this game, it puts me in a trance. While FFIII/VIj may be the technically better game, this one is still tops in my book.

8: Final Fantasy III/VIj (SNES)
Where FFII leaves off, this game takes off with it and impresses even more. The music is, again, something that changed me for life. Loved every character, and the way the story progresses. But what makes the game for me is Kefka. I haven't seen any other game where the villian was as successful, he did it all... destroy the whole world... backstab everyone in his way... become insanely powerful... is the most crazy person in the world. I also liked the open endedness of the second half of the game... a trait that is missing from many RPGs.

9: Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)
I love all the mario games, but this one is special. Everything about it is just perfect for a platformer. Tons of varied levels, decent challenge, unique power ups. One of the most improssive nes games I think.

10: Katamari Damacy (PS2)
Another game with music that impressed me. This game is just so amazingly fun its hard to believe. When you get to the later levels and are picking up whole islands, this game like one fantastic dream.

Honorable Mentions.
Guitar Hero
Chrono Trigger
Other Final Fantasy games.
Tetris
Mario's Pircoss
Advance Wars
Super Metroid
Shadow of the Colossus
StarCraft
WarCraft III
Diablo II
Super Monkey Ball
Super Mario RPG
Roller Coaster Tycoon
Soul Calibur II
Baldur's Gate I + II

willow
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 11:58 am

world of warcraft.
guild wars.
american mcgee'a alice.
tetris.
legend of zelda.

ljoon

04 Jun 2007, 3:35 pm

Guitar hero, Harvestmoon, Final Fantasy X, and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 5:46 pm

RTSgamerFTW wrote:
Battlestations: Midway FTW!! !! !
Also:

Rome Total War.
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas.
Simcity 3000.
Maybe Empire Earth II i guess...

gamefreak
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 6:43 pm

What is the big deal about ``World Of Warcraft''. Every computer game outside of DOOM and Quake are overrated. First thing you have to blow a lot of money just to get a perfect video
card, the most memory, then pay for how many hours your online. Then 6 months later
you are already in the dust because a shoddy sequel releases that takes even huger computer specs because of the programmers laziness. Just get a video game system like the rest of us
and your computer for internet and small games.

Pugly
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 7:01 pm

gamefreak wrote:
What is the big deal about ``World Of Warcraft''. Every computer game outside of DOOM and Quake are overrated. First thing you have to blow a lot of money just to get a perfect video
card, the most memory, then pay for how many hours your online. Then 6 months later
you are already in the dust because a shoddy sequel releases that takes even huger computer specs because of the programmers laziness. Just get a video game system like the rest of us

I wouldn't want to play RTS or Simcity, or any strategy game really on a console. The PC has its place for games. I don't like to buy the latest and greatest hardware, but if you build your own and buy the parts that are a good value you can have a gaming machine for a modest investment.

Plus D&D and other classic RPGs are good on the PC... despite a lack of them nowadays.

Plus hack n' slash rpgs are right at home on the PC... Diablo II is a classic game I wouldn't want to play on a console.

I am not even a FPS or MMO gamer and I still find plenty to love in PC gaming.

Wanting more than what I have might appear as greed.

Santa_Claus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 7:04 pm

Grand Theft Auto IV, even though it hasnt come out yet,
Unreal Tournament,
Sim City 3000 Unlimited,
and Rollercoaster Tycoon and its expansion pack.

calibaby
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Jun 2007, 4:29 am

super mario bros.. played on my brothers original nes

willow
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2007, 11:51 pm

gamefreak wrote:

I have never played a game like WoW previously..so perhaps I am not best to answer...but I love that there are tons of other people that I can ignore, provoke, or talk to. the graphics are cool...the quests don't suck..and I can be with my out of state friends in game.

plus, yo...my night elf ass is HAWT.