Page 2 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2015, 3:09 pm

League_Girl wrote:
babybird wrote:
I suppose you could say I was a late bloomer as well even though I did have my daughter at 19, I didn't find enjoyment in sex at all until earlier on this year.

I think when I was younger I perhaps thought that having a boyfriend and having sex was what people did.

Not much thought went into it really.

I thought people only had sex to have kids so I thought teens were having sex to have them.

hahaha...at the time I don't think I had made the connection between having sex and making a baby. I soon learned my lesson.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2015, 3:14 pm

I've never had sex with a woman. I did with a guy once, though, back in 1999. In my whole life that was my one and only sexual encounter which was 16 years ago. I suppose for all intents and purposes I'm basically asexual.

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2015, 4:25 pm

I just thought I didn't know my sexuality for ahe's and assumed I'm strait. I fellove in love with my last 2 partners but never wanted to sleep with them. I had a girlfriend too once but I loved her emotionaly only.
I have had sex with different people and enough times to know now that I'm asexual. I only did this because it's 'expected' and because of pressure. Also for a while I didn't know asexuality was a thing so I thought maybe it's not the right person, maybe I'm a lesbian etc.

I am in a long distance relationship now. I really love my guy and we will meet one day but I don't ever want to sleep with him. I'm still totally asexual.

Destruction and creation are 2 sides of the same coin.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2015, 4:48 pm

babybird wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
babybird wrote:
I suppose you could say I was a late bloomer as well even though I did have my daughter at 19, I didn't find enjoyment in sex at all until earlier on this year.

I think when I was younger I perhaps thought that having a boyfriend and having sex was what people did.

Not much thought went into it really.

I thought people only had sex to have kids so I thought teens were having sex to have them.

hahaha...at the time I don't think I had made the connection between having sex and making a baby. I soon learned my lesson.

I did when I was 12 when my mom told me about it and I realized that is why boys have a penis and girls have a vagina.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2015, 7:21 pm

I don't know if I am asexual or not. I know my sexual feelings are not related to physical attractiveness. They are tied to feeling intimate with a person (male or female). The sex act itself doesn't excite me. I prefer to orgasm through masturbation. I haven't really pursued sex in a long time. When I did, it was because I thought it was something I was supposed to do.

Is that asexual, not aromantic?

LupaLuna
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2015, 9:41 pm

I consider myself more of an a aromantic the an asexual. I don't know if masturbation is considered a sex act, so I put down "non asexual!" in case. I just am not attracted to women for some reason. I am not gay ether. I am just not attracted to anyone.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

27 Oct 2015, 11:44 pm

InsomniaGrl wrote:
Its seems sometimes its the case, people assume they are asexual, until they discover sexual attraction or pleasure.

I have had sexual relationships.

I know for certain that I am asexual.

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2015, 5:30 am

I'm asexual. I was in a relationship... oh, it's too hard to even type about apart from the fact that we didn't even have sex for the first six months we were together and I spent the last 8 years of it sleeping downstairs with the cats.

I don't want anyone but what used to upset me was that no-one wanted me. I didn't want to be had. I just wanted to be wanted. I felt left out.

But the thought of rolling around in someone else's... I don't want to even think about it. Yuk! I'm no prude. It just grosses me out!! !

Your Aspie score: 151 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 60 of 200

Formally diagnosed in 2007.

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.

InsomniaGrl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2015, 5:35 am

em_tsuj wrote:
I don't know if I am asexual or not. I know my sexual feelings are not related to physical attractiveness. They are tied to feeling intimate with a person (male or female). The sex act itself doesn't excite me. I prefer to orgasm through masturbation. I haven't really pursued sex in a long time. When I did, it was because I thought it was something I was supposed to do.

Is that asexual, not aromantic?

No idea, sometimes label are misleading.

InsomniaGrl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2015, 5:36 am

Verdandi wrote:
InsomniaGrl wrote:
Its seems sometimes its the case, people assume they are asexual, until they discover sexual attraction or pleasure.

I have had sexual relationships.

I know for certain that I am asexual.

I wasn't implying that its always the case, just in-case it came across that way :)

iliketrees
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2015, 5:41 am

Kids several years younger than me know their orientation and have sexual drive, feel attraction to the opposite sex, their own, or both, etc but I'm a young adult now (apparently) and nothing's appeared yet so I'm either incredibly late or asexual. :shrug:

InsomniaGrl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2015, 5:48 am

People thought i was asexual as i didn't have interest in either gender long after other girls did. In some ways I'm ambivalent to the sex act. I wonder if me being bi-sexual has any link to an affiliation with asexuality. Anyone else think like this at all?

InsomniaGrl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2015, 5:49 am

ImAnAspie wrote:
I'm asexual. I was in a relationship... oh, it's too hard to even type about apart from the fact that we didn't even have sex for the first six months we were together and I spent the last 8 years of it sleeping downstairs with the cats.

I don't want anyone but what used to upset me was that no-one wanted me. I didn't want to be had. I just wanted to be wanted. I felt left out.

But the thought of rolling around in someone else's... I don't want to even think about it. Yuk! I'm no prude. It just grosses me out!! !

It's interesting how some people think its so gross 'rolling around in someone else's...', and some people think about little else. That made me smile by the way, the way you phrased it.

iliketrees
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2015, 5:50 am

What age did you realize you were bisexual?

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2015, 6:16 am

I'm honestly not sure if I'm asexual or not :?. I've never had sexual desires for anyone in my actual life before. I might just be very guarded of my feelings though, no one has ever entered into that tier of trust before if it exists.

InsomniaGrl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2015, 6:41 am

iliketrees wrote:
What age did you realize you were bisexual?

Not until i was 16.