Page 10 of 11 [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2019, 9:46 pm

Addicted to technology, drugs,

Criminal conviction (, it could be wrongfully accused, but I don't want to know)

Personality disorder (inam a hypocrite)

Control freak

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2019, 10:14 pm

biggest one is right-wingers who in my experience are ALWAYS ableist which is itself the second biggest red flag.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2019, 10:30 pm

Won't tolerate dissent

Not receptive to learning new things

Calls women "girls"

Unjustified touching

Always calling

Impatient, demanding,

Refers to himself as "most people"

Ambrose_Rotten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jan 2019, 1:30 am

I think a big one is if they refer to all of their exes as "crazy" or "b**ches," etc.

Word choice doesn't matter all that much, but if they have nothing good to say about any of their exes, of if they say stuff like "they all abandoned me." That's extremely fishy, and you're likely to end up in the same boat.

Also, when people say "You're perfect" (which is not only a red flag, but also just really annoying and cheesy)." What that really means is "You're perfect, until you prove otherwise, and you'd better hope you don't."

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 4:07 am

Thought of another one... The victim mentality, my ex had that in spades, he used to gaslight me and at one point I did believe him, that I was the real source of the problems in the marriage.
He done a lot of things to protect his self image, and especially in the last few years at my cost. The experience has helped me identify these red flags in others, I don't just look out for them in men. I find that observing and analysing these traits in all people to be the best way to add context and identify those who would harm me if given the chance.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 7:35 am

I have a book - it's more humour but does have interesting facts in it - "The Little Black Book of Big Red Flags" by Burton, Fishman, and McCrary

Something even better - another book - "How Men Think" by Shawn T. Smith. :heart:

Also, "The Sociopath Next Door" by Martha Stout

Youtube videos by Dr. Ramani Durvasula (THE BEST!! !!)

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 7:58 am

Ollywog
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Feb 2019, 5:49 pm

If I set a boundary, even one as mundane as 'please don't call me after 9 pm,' and somebody ignores it, it is a red flag.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2019, 9:03 pm

When they micromanage you. f**k Anthony Rodgers. "We would rather not have you doing yoga. It's distracting.". The lil penis had the nerve to tell me. Eight years ago. :cry: how about, we would rather not have you continue living. It's distracting? ",We" means two or more. There are seven billion people on Earth. Everything is either grounding, neither , or "distracting". f**k you, Anthony Rodgers!

Excessive compliments or criticism. f**k Rolando :!: Do NOT tell me that you are glad that I rolled my sleeves down. Seriously :?: "Actions speak louder than words,". "Loose lips sink ships"

Failure to apologize or make amends

Republican. f**k Arthur white.

Too many jokes about me (or anything else). f**k professor saier. Not everything is funny. Nor should it be

Complain too much

Judgmental attitude ("cool", "sucks"). ("Most people") :wink: :roll: :roll: . Some things are "cool" and some things "suck". Cope with it, :mrgreen: ass hole :!:

Flaker

"Are you ok?". Always trying to get me to say "thank you".

Wrongful accusations. Some dipshit had the nerve to accuse me of breaking it's biscotti. It was already broken in the store. Dipshit did not take video tape or fingerprints. If it is going to accuse me of that, it shows that it is biased against me and eager to blame me for anything.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2019, 9:53 pm

right wingers in general all my life have been a big red flag.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2019, 10:09 pm

Insisting on getting their way

Some lil dipshits are so full of themselves, that they truly believe that any time they are not happy, someone violated their stupidass "rights,"

Saying "sorry" for things that are not their fault

That way you can't distinguish sympathy from apology :cry:

For example, ozben felek b***h told me "sorry" she took her Fido inside the dojo. But it's Leash Law. Not :cry: sorry you are afraid of dogs :mrgreen: make it clear, b***h :!:

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 11:09 am

I've always been mistrustful of someone who tries too hard to get to know me right off the bat. Best case scenario, they're very neurotypical; worst case, they are "cultivating" me for some agenda of their own. So I guess this behavior would constitute a red flag.

I apologize for those who I unfairly judge, but too much blaming of others or avoidance of personal responsibility is probably not going to work well for me. Such people may have legitimate reasons for that, but I don't want to be around it, personally. It will just be a matter of time before we clash.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 4:59 pm

When they are too vague

Like overusing "respect", "rude", "people".

"You don't look like you would hurt anyone", Jeanne Courtney told me

People that do not look like they would hurt people still hurt people

In 35 years , more than two people, rightly or wrongly, thought or said , that I "hurt" them. Purposely or not. And the definition of "hurt" is for the :lol: alleged :oops: :evil: :cry: :roll: victim to decide

Splitting fine hairs

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2019, 4:57 pm

Cruelty to animals, or those who have pets and are irresponsible when taking care of them

Making fun of people with disabilities, or making fun of anyone

Not honoring commitments

Gaslighting, making people doubt their sanity

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2019, 5:15 pm

- substance abuse and addiction
- liars or people with a chronic need to make excuses
- gaslighting or any sign of narcissism
- cruelty or neglect of animals
- rude behaviour to strangers (waiters, etc)
- rage issues (especially with a failure to seek help)
- poor money management, bankruptcy, bad credit
- racism, homophobia or transphobia
- recurrent unemployment or "using the system", grifters
- people who are codependent and can't take care of themselves

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2019, 6:16 pm

IstominFan wrote:
Cruelty to animals, or those who have pets and are irresponsible when taking care of them

Making fun of people with disabilities, or making fun of anyone

Not honoring commitments

Gaslighting, making people doubt their sanity

How often do they have to fail to honor commitments? Certainly there has to be margin of error. And extreme events happen. But some idiots cancelled on me for :skull: every slightest thing :twisted: .

"Cruelty to animals"?

That's vague. When you make the statement so vague, you make it so nobody in their right mind could disagree. But two different people have two different definitions of "cruelty,"

An off leash dog bit me, I screamed, and some dipshit had the nerve to tell me to leave the building. "We don't treat animals that way! Animal rights!"

The dipshit acted like I violated the dogs ",rights" by screaming. And the dog did not violate my ",rights" by biting me.