Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2015, 10:39 pm

I don't appreciate how the article describes the "traits of an empath". it's obviously someone who defines themselves as an empath and is going off their own experiences as well as using their personal spirituality like a commonality. so I am willing to think of myself as having empathic traits but I must disregard the ornaments in the article.

for instance, with most people I can sense their disposition and the people who I can't are scary to me, because they either hide that well or they dont have much at all. and I sense the past lives of objects but this does not mean I avoid them, it just means I understand objects like sentient entities rather than dead material.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2015, 10:52 pm

you can also google the term empath. The author didn't make it up.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 12:43 am

I think the whole idea of empath is made up and followed by some people.
I don't think there is coherent thing of being empath.
I think there are some traits that make some people think they are empath, e.g. being more emotional than most, being more anxious than most, being more attentive to aches and pains than most, etc.

SoMissunderstood
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Nov 2015, 9:26 pm

I feel that Aspies take 'empathy' to either sides of the extreme and cannot find any sort of balance or middle ground.

There are some, like many in the thread who are very empathetic...then there are others, like myself who wouldn't even know what empathy was even if they trod in it.

I have zero empathy whatsoever, because I cannot see things from the perspective of another....which is also another Aspie trait.