Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2015, 6:30 pm

Ombre hair basically looks like this.
I think it looks okay on some people. I have blue hair right now. My sister thinks it's a good idea for to have ombre hair when it grows out. I think it's horrible idea because I don't want to come across like the girl above. When I get sick of bleaching my hair I will probably dye it black.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 12:44 am

I think it only looks good when it's because the hair has grown past the dye. I had blonde tips to a gradual red to a gradual dark brown before getting a sequence of hair cuts over the period of a year or two, and it looked awesome. you can tell when someone tried to achieve that effect without going through the actual process (which made it cool in the first place), like that girl, who tried way too hard and it looks stupid.

danitargaryen
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Nov 2015, 7:02 am

I like it

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 1:10 pm

DevilKisses wrote:
I think it looks okay on some people. I have blue hair right now. My sister thinks it's a good idea for to have ombre hair when it grows out. I think it's horrible idea because I don't want to come across like the girl above. When I get sick of bleaching my hair I will probably dye it black.

Your hair is naturally dark, right? I think a fade from dark brown or black to blue looks good. I'm not a fan of blue tips on lighter color hair though.

The girl in that photo looks silly because she's making a duck face.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 1:46 pm

I don't like it. It looks like the person is overdue for a trip to the hair salon. I'm not a very fashionable person, though.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2015, 10:27 am

It depends upon the person behind the hair, ultimately.

On a purely superficial level, it looks okay.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2015, 1:22 pm

Her lips are about to explode.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2015, 7:43 am

I had it. I had black/dark brown to a copper red colour at the ends. I did it myself with bleach and I wouldn't do it again since it almost ruined my hair's condition. I ended up dying over it because my roots were growing out; it looked bad with light ends, dark mid lengths and mid brown roots. I didn't have the colouring skills to touch up the roots without accidentally getting dye in the ombre parts, so I just dyed all over. It didn't cover it all up though and I ended up with all these dark mahogany flecks :P. I dyed it again with black recently and it's finally all covered up.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2015, 8:22 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Omg! You crack me up Boo! You always make me laugh. :D

I'm with Yippy. It looks like someone who highlighted their hair and now they're letting their real color grow in. I wouldn't be surprised if that's how it got started. I wish they would make having gray hairs the "in" thing. :roll:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2015, 3:12 am

blue_bean wrote:
I had it. I had black/dark brown to a copper red colour at the ends. I did it myself with bleach and I wouldn't do it again since it almost ruined my hair's condition. I ended up dying over it because my roots were growing out; it looked bad with light ends, dark mid lengths and mid brown roots. I didn't have the colouring skills to touch up the roots without accidentally getting dye in the ombre parts, so I just dyed all over. It didn't cover it all up though and I ended up with all these dark mahogany flecks :P. I dyed it again with black recently and it's finally all covered up.

Your post is useless without pics.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2015, 3:20 am

Cute when around shoulder length.

I prefer blue.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2015, 5:11 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
blue_bean wrote:

To be honest I never took any pics when I had it 8O

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2015, 4:23 pm

blue_bean wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
blue_bean wrote:

To be honest I never took any pics when I had it 8O

Why am I even posting here?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2015, 4:34 pm

nurseangela wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Omg! You crack me up Boo! You always make me laugh. :D

I've tried to check her hair, but all what I have seen were her gigantic and oddly symmetric lips (upper and bottom same size).

Eloquaint
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jan 2016, 3:10 pm

Is it high maintenance? It looks high maintenance.

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2016, 4:38 pm

If I hadn't already dyed my hair, I'd probably have it like that right now.