Space Engineers and Killing Floor players?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

transformingcar
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2015, 10:31 pm

it's been a while since I last posted here. Busy with life I guess.

Any Space Engineers or Killing Floor 2 players around here who might be looking to play? I just got Killing Floor during the Steam Halloween sale, and I have to say I really like it. As for Space Engineers, I've had it for a while, would really like to play it online with some people. Also looking forward to the Planets update, and hopefully a fix for invisible asteroids. Unless that's been fixed already, I don't think it has yet.

I was playing Payday 2 a lot, one of my favorite games. A little disappointed that they threw in micro transactions :evil: , but I have hardly taken notice to them anyway, so I still play it from time to time.

I'll play any of these games online if anyone else enjoys them, and doesn't play too seriously.
Also, if you're a Killing Floor 1 or 2 and / or a Space Engineers player, what are your thoughts on those games?

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 1:56 am

Space Engineers is a game I know, but I dont really play it much. I just get so bored of it so quickly.

It's basically another game with a huge amount of it's mechanics and concepts inspired by Minecraft, but... it completely lacks that adventure/survival aspect. And something like a "creative" mode alone doesnt even remotely hold my attention. If the game isnt giving me practical reasons (and enough of them) to make stuff, then... I dont make stuff. And from what I've seen, making things in that game takes absolutely forever.

So to me, it's interesting in concept, but dull in execution. And no, multiplayer doesnt at all count here, as far as influencing my opinion. If a game doesnt have a single-player mode that can keep me interested, I simply dont bother with it. Fighting games being the one and only exception.

If it should become more interesting at some point, I'll join in, but for now... feh.

Killing Floor I dont care about. My default stance on every modern FPS is "I'm bored".

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 12:27 pm

My brother plays both Killing Floor games. We're always looking for new players to team up with. We do have Space Engineers, but we haven't played it in well over a year.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Nocturnus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Nov 2015, 3:03 pm

I'm up for Payday 2, L4D2 or KF2 on steam.

Neotenous Nordic
Toucan
Toucan

02 Nov 2015, 3:12 pm

I played the heck out of the first Killing Floor. I got just about all my perks up to level 6. I think perhaps my medic is level 5 but except from that they're all maxed.

I just love the feel of the guns in this game. All of them. They feel powerful, unlike the pea shooters in other modern FPS.

If you're planning a get-together, I might join in on that, but I got to configure and test KF on my new gaming laptop first.

I haven't opted in on KF2. I'm against early access because it is subject to so much abuse and cash-ins with devs leaving half-finished games behind. With Tripwires new SJW policies in mind too, I'm going to wait for reviews before a potential purchase. Veteran KF players claim it's watered down compared to the original though. We'll see when it's released and reviews start appearing.