My Grades aren't Good Enough for Me :(

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

whiteshoes20
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Nov 2015, 12:18 am

Hi,
This is something that I've been struggling for a while now-I have all of these assignments and projects due, and of course, I DO want to get them done in time, but I can never bring myself to actually do it without it feeling incredibly draining after, like, 30 minutes, and I want to go do something else. I always thought it was me being lazy, but I later came across the term "executive functioning" which made a whole lot more sense for me. I know what I'm capable of. When I get everything done and I do all of my work, I earn "A's" and "B's". However, I don't do any of that, and my grades suffer. I want to be able to do my absolute best in school, which is something I deeply care about, but I'm not sure how to improve my executive functioning skills. :(

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 12:36 am

so why not work for 30 min., then take a short walk, snack, or music break and work for another 30 min? i wasn't a great studier in my 20's. i found chewing gum or eating lifesavers helped me to concentrate. also, when going over notes for a test, i did it with a friend to make it more interesting.

jhighl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Nov 2015, 4:45 am

Am in college have some of the same issues. For me a lot of it is getting myself up and doing it in the first place. But yeah taking a lil walk or break helps once you get a little overloaded as long as you come back to the work when ready.