Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ilovemycatman
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Nov 2015, 7:37 pm

So I made this Facebook post just a few minutes ago:
I don't care what the world says about me. I have SPD (schizoid personality disorder) and my brain doesn't work like other peoples but that doesn't mean you get to tell me that I'm crazy. Maybe I'm the sane one and everyone else are the ones who brains don't work properly? I live in a world where people snub their nose at Christianity and mental disorders and these people have made fun of me or have yelled at me because I don't understand things like they do.
I don't see the world like other people and I will admit displays of affection make me uncomfortable, I don't like it when people flirt with me, and I think that everybody can be saved. I'm not saying that everyone with a mental disorder is like me because nobody is the same but I would prefer if gay people didn't find me appalling by being a christian or other people would think me unapproachable.
I'm a person but I just have a different brain and I feel things differently.
Call me naive but that's what I feel and that's what I believe so I have a mental disorder but I'm still loved by God and by my husband.

I was called crazy by people when I was younger because I did things differently than others and they bullied me very severely because of it. I never got along with anybody and preferred to be by myself and sometimes I felt like a mash up of different emotions. I've also been made fun of by gay people and I was molested by a girl when I was eight as well as abused by my brother for most of my life.

Sometimes I feel like I'm falling apart and I can't keep it together. Does anyone have any methods of calming down that I could try, like breathing or something? I'm in therapy but I have a lot of unresolved tension and issues that make it hard to sleep.

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2015, 3:01 am

Good for you! I too am tired of a few deciding how everyone should act or think. It's one thing if someone makes a case against cruelty or abuse and another if they think I should have different beliefs or see things differently, such as politics, religion, etc.

I have to say that the one thing that I love is music. I have a couple of CDs that I love and when I am stressed, I literally play them over and over and over all day long...for 8-12 hours a day...not too loud, just enough that I can hear it. Playing music in the background always brings me peace.

Another thing that I have found helpful is that when I feel like I am getting overwhelmed, I find a documentary or movie to watch on Netflix/Amazon to get my mind off whatever it is that is causing me stress. I did that tonight as I felt I just wanted to scream at everyone that they were all a bunch of hipocrites...PS which I do believe they are ;-) But I found a cool film to get my mind off of it and it helped me greatly.

I did teach my son to take deep breaths when he got angry and it has worked for him...I haven't had as much luck ;-)

PS to sleep I use a Chris Botti Italia CD I have...I play it at night and I fall asleep before the first song is over ;-) we have used it for years...

Good luck!

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2015, 12:46 am

ilovemycatman wrote:
So I made this Facebook post just a few minutes ago:
I don't care what the world says about me. I have SPD (schizoid personality disorder) and my brain doesn't work like other peoples but that doesn't mean you get to tell me that I'm crazy. Maybe I'm the sane one and everyone else are the ones who brains don't work properly? I live in a world where people snub their nose at Christianity and mental disorders and these people have made fun of me or have yelled at me because I don't understand things like they do.
I don't see the world like other people and I will admit displays of affection make me uncomfortable, I don't like it when people flirt with me, and I think that everybody can be saved. I'm not saying that everyone with a mental disorder is like me because nobody is the same but I would prefer if gay people didn't find me appalling by being a christian or other people would think me unapproachable.
I'm a person but I just have a different brain and I feel things differently.
Call me naive but that's what I feel and that's what I believe so I have a mental disorder but I'm still loved by God and by my husband.

I was called crazy by people when I was younger because I did things differently than others and they bullied me very severely because of it. I never got along with anybody and preferred to be by myself and sometimes I felt like a mash up of different emotions. I've also been made fun of by gay people and I was molested by a girl when I was eight as well as abused by my brother for most of my life.

Sometimes I feel like I'm falling apart and I can't keep it together. Does anyone have any methods of calming down that I could try, like breathing or something? I'm in therapy but I have a lot of unresolved tension and issues that make it hard to sleep.

I find streaming those 8 hour delta sleep music videos on youtube(make sure you use wifi and watch your data use) help me to sleep at night, especially if I am stressed. The music drowns out my own thoughts. I also just started getting into meditation, and that definitely seems to help some, if I do that before bed. Try and keep the lights dim at night and avoid looking at blue screens to help your body naturally want to fall asleep at night.

Tell yourself, that whatever worries you have about tomorrow can be dealt with tomorrow, and that there is nothing you can do about them while laying in your bed in the middle of the night. Trying to run through problems in your head is going to make it hard for you to sleep, at least that is how it is for me. I hope some of this helps you to get some peace at night and better sleep.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2015, 3:29 am

ilovemycatman wrote:

this is probably unique to me but i have a clump of artists kneaded erasers (these) that are very engaging and fun to pull apart, roll up, stretch and snap, they never dry out and lose their shape and in my experience, they seem to absorb all the negativity i put into them.

they also hold sculptures well if you're into that.

dark ambient music puts me in a mellow mood as well, the haunting and soothing sounds transport me. i recommend northaunt and kammarheit.

i tend to bottle in my emotions otherwise so i don't have a whole lot (or any, really...) of other strategies or tricks. how exactly do homosexuals find you appalling? seems rather narrow minded of them just because you're a christian.

fortunately you don't seem to care about other's views which IMO is a step in the right direction.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.