What are some silly reasons why someone disliked you?

Page 1 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2015, 12:27 am

Mostly people have just told me I'm "weird" without a valid explanation of what that means.
My former friends also ditched me because I moved away for four months to study, and therefore didn't respond to their texts or calls to spontaneously go out because it was physically impossible for me to make it with five hours travel time between us. This was apparently "snubbing," not simply the laws of physics.
Everyone I knew ditched me because I'm transgendered, too.
I think I may have lost the opportunity of making new acquaintances last night when I let the atheist cat out of the bag and couldn't validate their flimsy evidence of "religious experience." It just goes on and on.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2015, 8:38 am

1. To add to the warehouse scenario, which was work supported, most of the co-workers there didn't like me and found every excuse.
- I talked too much
- I shaved my head
- I got into college and decided that I was going to one day outgrow the job coach (Which I finally did).
- I wore licensed tee-shirts
- I like anime
- I studied during my break time.
- My interests
- My Beliefs

2. I had a friend who I met at a sheltered workshop whose mother grew to despise me once she found out that I was able to go to college despite being in Special Ed next to being able to live on my own. Every time I interacted with her she had an attitude with me. She always tried to talk down to me. Why it was so bad that she didn't bother inviting me to my friend's 30th that she threw for her. This was even though she knew that I meant something to her child but she didn't care. My aunt had even taken them to Disney World two years in a row and everything.

3 I have family who dislike me just because I have autism thanks to silly stereotypes and many misunderstandings about Autism.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2015, 11:31 am

I liked Benny & Joon too much
Because I wear diapers and into AB/DL
Because they thought I was slow or ret*d
Because they thought I was dumb
I talked funny
Because they thought I was weird or a dork
I wore pants that were too short
I was clumsy so they thought I did it on purpose

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2015, 3:58 pm

- I talk to myself so that gives people the idea that I am "Crazy".

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2015, 5:24 pm

At secondary school this girl I knew didn't want to be friends with me because I didn't come from a big family (meaning I only had one sibling, while she had four), and so she only wanted to hang out with this other girl (we both knew her) who also had a lot of siblings.

But I knew that weren't the real reason, because they let this other girl who was an only child, into their group. So it's obviously something about my eccentric ways that made them want to exclude me, not because of how big my family was.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2015, 9:22 pm

In school I often got excuses by my other peers in special ed who told me that one of their parents didn't invite me because my being hyper was too much in addition to their child's hyperactivity. I was also told that their parents didn't understand me.

That was a lie because

1. I was trying to fit in at the time and said inappropriate things which gave them the idea that I was a slut
2. The other kids were envious of me because I was so much smarter than they were.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2015, 4:22 am

Fnord wrote:
I'm "too boring" - Just because I don't like the feeling of getting snot-faced drunk or stoned out of my head.

this is apparently what some cousins think of me. exactly this.

i say i'm glad i get to see them once a year.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2015, 8:13 am

I should also add that these same kids in special ed didn't like me over the fact that I was the most outspoken one.

Finally, a childhood friend drop me because I talked about Disney, Disney and more Disney films. She also didn't like me because I was "Too Skinny."

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2015, 8:45 am

Quote:

What is AB/DL? And what's behind the diaper wearing, if you don't mind explaining?

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2015, 4:03 pm

C2V wrote:
Quote:

What is AB/DL? And what's behind the diaper wearing, if you don't mind explaining?

I was going inquire this as well but than I realized I really didn't want an answer 8O

League_Girl, what ever floats your boat :D

taiwanluthiers
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Nov 2015, 6:53 pm

Happens to me all the time and a reason was never given. I spend all day thinking about why but the reality is, I really don't know. Maybe I remind them of some childhood trauma?

I find people in Austin to be extremely difficult to be friends with; they are often very superficial.

Even hanging out in "asperger's support group" or whatever they call it is of no help. I think some of them have far worse psychological conditions than just having asperger's... I've actually been ignored far more in those groups than by NT's. You'd think in a room full of aspies they'd understand right? Guess not.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2015, 9:33 pm

They were insanely jealous of me. ;)

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2015, 3:21 am

League_Girl wrote:
I was clumsy so they thought I did it on purpose

"look at (blank) crashing into walls and tripping on air! doesn't (blank) get sick of throwing hirself onto furniture and dropping things? what nerve!"

i don't get how people believe one would be intentionally clumsy. not at all. :|

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

existentialterror
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Nov 2015, 4:12 pm

Would love it if someone actually told me the 'reason'....

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2015, 9:09 am

SilverProteus wrote:
They were insanely jealous of me. ;)

They say they don't like you but who they really don't like is themselves because they are frustrated that you have something that they really want. It usually means they are insecure

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2015, 12:49 pm

C2V wrote:
Quote:

AB/DL=adult baby/diaper lover

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.