What are some silly reasons why someone disliked you?

Page 2 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2015, 12:49 pm

C2V wrote:
Quote:
Because I wear diapers and into AB/DL

What is AB/DL? And what's behind the diaper wearing, if you don't mind explaining?

AB/DL=adult baby/diaper lover

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2015, 1:01 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
I was clumsy so they thought I did it on purpose

"look at (blank) crashing into walls and tripping on air! doesn't (blank) get sick of throwing hirself onto furniture and dropping things? what nerve!"

i don't get how people believe one would be intentionally clumsy. not at all. :|

I didn't bump into walls fortunately, I would just bump into kids often and they would bump into me, I would accidentally kick other kids in the monkey bars and accidentally run into other kids and they would get mad at me. I would be trying to play on the bars and I would be trying to get on them and someone thought I was doing it to show off. I learned to walk looking on the ground because I would bump into little kids. My mom said I used to bump into anything in front of me because I would forget it was there. But occupational therapy fixed it so it doesn't happen often anymore and everyone does a clumsy moment sometimes so I don't pathologize mine. I used to drop things often until my early adulthood. Boy how many times my Nintendo DS, CD player, Game Boys have survived their falls and I only ended up with a broken battery cover for my GBA. My Nook has survived its fall too and my 3DS XL. I have also ended up with broken CD cases and wrecked one of my CDs because it got so badly scratched from too many falls I had to replace it. The songs would skip or speed up.

But kids are ignorant. Just because they don't do these often, they thought I was doing all this to be cool and to show off and to be mean when I would accidentally kick them or bump into them or have them bump into me. I hated crowds for a while because of this and always feel guilty for an accident because I thought someone was going to get mad at me. Now I think it's their problem if they want to get mad at me for an accident.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2015, 11:58 am

I lived with two roommates with two girls who were 6 and 8 years older. Even though they agreed to let a youngster stay there. One of them discovered that I was not only very immature and irresponsible but also that I wasn't her age and would never fit in.

Because I have overcome so much there are other people on the spectrum along next to others with different disabilities who didn't quite know how to get to where I had gone so I am often shunned and avoided.

Parents of others with disabilities ,who believe their child is broken, often get an attitude with me once they find out what I have done with my life. (College, career, independence etc).

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2015, 3:03 am

League_Girl wrote:
Boy how many times my Nintendo DS, CD player, Game Boys have survived their falls and I only ended up with a broken battery cover for my GBA. My Nook has survived its fall too and my 3DS XL. I have also ended up with broken CD cases and wrecked one of my CDs because it got so badly scratched from too many falls I had to replace it. The songs would skip or speed up.

yeah, thank goodness for nintendium! even the newer 3ds i used to have survived its fall atop a high cabinet to a tile floor, and i for sure thought it was screwed. some of my older gamecube games have had trouble starting up because of how scratched they've gotten over the years, i've been really careful to not let them degrade some more.

this reminds me of a time i was having thankgsiving at a friends's house with her extended family and i managed to screw up so badly i dropped a slice of turkey and in trying to grab it i think i pushed it across the whole table. or something. not much heads were turned but i felt embarrassed.

League_Girl wrote:
But kids are ignorant. Just because they don't do these often, they thought I was doing all this to be cool and to show off and to be mean when I would accidentally kick them or bump into them or have them bump into me. I hated crowds for a while because of this and always feel guilty for an accident because I thought someone was going to get mad at me. Now I think it's their problem if they want to get mad at me for an accident.

thank goodness i don't go to school with kids anymore.
i think it's their problem too, if they want to put the blame of an accident on me. 8)

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Varelse
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Nov 2015, 10:40 am

underwater wrote:
The thing is, IMO, that people often rationalize why they dislike someone. What they say is the reason is very often not the real reason.

+1

WolfClaw99
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Nov 2015, 1:34 pm

Because I always talked about my special interests way too much...... One guy even decided to be a dick and assume that I was a nazi just because my special interests are history, weapons, and warfare.....

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2015, 1:56 pm

When I was a teenager I learned the hard way how adolescents are the cruelest, most heartless and judgmental beings on the face of the earth. Here are just a few reasons why they made my life miserable:

-Obsessed with cartoons
-Obsessed with drawing cartoons
-Being overweight
-Being a "loner"
-Liking animals
-Being bad at sports
-Not acting like a "normal" teen
-And sometimes for no obvious reason at all. I once asked a girl why she didn't like me, and she said I didn't want to know. But she was unpleasant to me from day one. She had serious issues.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2015, 9:54 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
When I was a teenager I learned the hard way how adolescents are the cruelest, most heartless and judgmental beings on the face of the earth. Here are just a few reasons why they made my life miserable:

-Obsessed with cartoons
-Obsessed with drawing cartoons
-Being overweight
-Being a "loner"
-Liking animals
-Being bad at sports
-Not acting like a "normal" teen
-And sometimes for no obvious reason at all. I once asked a girl why she didn't like me, and she said I didn't want to know. But she was unpleasant to me from day one. She had serious issues.

You and I have some of these in common. As for the dislike part I asked a former friend if they felt that way about me as well as their spouse and they got super quiet.

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2015, 9:07 pm

SilverProteus wrote:
They were insanely jealous of me. ;)

I have had several people act this way towards me. So much so, that a few of them have even tried to cause me problems because of it, all the while, I am thinking to myself "why would anybody be jealous of me?".

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2015, 9:05 am

SilverStar wrote:
SilverProteus wrote:
They were insanely jealous of me. ;)

I have had several people act this way towards me. So much so, that a few of them have even tried to cause me problems because of it, all the while, I am thinking to myself "why would anybody be jealous of me?".

The best thing we can do is feel sorry for someone like because it's obvious these are people who are not capable of liking you because their envy is so strong and distracting that it keeps them in a little box.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2015, 10:17 am

I would imagine my situation is similar to Fnord in that I am too "boring", ask too many clarification questions and am very knowledgeable and apparently people hate those who know what they are talking about.

The only time I got an explanation for why I was rejected was a date who told me I reminded her of her ex-Husband. Hearing her describe his traits (lazy, played video games all day, never cared about her) made me jump to my own defence to which she replied "you don't need to explain yourself." In hindsight she already projected him onto me and there was absolutely nothing I could do about it.

Apparently feeling good about yourself=cockiness although the cockiest, most arrogant people I know have no shortage of follo... er friends.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2015, 12:28 pm

I ask questions all the time, and I was always confused as to why the other kids in elementary school wouldn't let me play with them.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Cockroach96
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2015, 12:31 pm

Someone may dislike you simply for being an aspie. Not for the diagnosis itself, but for the traits.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2015, 1:24 pm

Kuraudo777 wrote:
I ask questions all the time, and I was always confused as to why the other kids in elementary school wouldn't let me play with them.

I STILL to this day cannot figure out why none of the kids would let me play with them. Sure I was a smart kid but I was not the only one and I never talked about my interests in Political Geography and the Solar System to anyone unless asked. Even the neighbourhood kids were downright cruel to me (like stealing my bike and only my bike and trashing it) for absolutely no reason.

Cockroach96
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 8:51 am

Aspies get harassed and rejected simply for displaying the traits. There's your answer.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 9:25 am

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
Kuraudo777 wrote:

I STILL to this day cannot figure out why none of the kids would let me play with them. Sure I was a smart kid but I was not the only one and I never talked about my interests in Political Geography and the Solar System to anyone unless asked. Even the neighbourhood kids were downright cruel to me (like stealing my bike and only my bike and trashing it) for absolutely no reason.

I feel the same way. I tried to be nice to people. Why were they mean?

Until I began to learn about autism a few years ago, I had always thought that it was all THEM. They decided to be mean to me because they were naturally cruel or something. But as I read about autistic traits, I began to wonder if there might not have been something much more complicated going on.

Maybe they were all exchanging some subtle social communication that I just did not detect, and so my responses were not what they expected and sometimes I was perceived as being selfish or destructive to what they were doing. Maybe some of their negative behavior toward me was a response to my inadvertently disrupting their social communication and the little groups and networks they were setting up in their play.

I have seen characters in TV and movies who were creating trouble for themselves by being oblivious to the social interaction of others around them. I see that I may be such a character in my own life.

I am resigned to the fact that I will never know. I couldn't see it then and I can't see it now, so it's all theoretical.