Page 3 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2015, 8:45 pm

And what about you? Are you happy? What do you believe you will get, personally?

Be part of a close-knit community? Be happier? Feel safer?

MonsterCrack
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2015, 8:48 pm

well.... come to think of it... I'm so used to living in an American society, I think living in a sharia society would be a HUGE culture shock.... but what I plan to get out of it is halal meat (which is technically a requirement in Islam, it's kinda like kosher), a more meaningful direction in life, better cultural mentality (one that isnt full of people committing suicide with pills because they hate life, or kids bringing guns to school, or at least not as much), and a sense of pride in that my place in the afterlife is assured-since I did not get tempted to fall into sin since many of the sinful things were forbidden anyway- and a healthier psyche

MonsterCrack
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2015, 8:50 pm

oh, and yes feel safer... in saudi arabia, even if you leave large slabs of gold in an unlocked car with the windows open and the car unattended, no one will dare steal it for fear of punishment (the chopping off of a hand).

MonsterCrack
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2015, 8:53 pm

it's also very satisfying to know that if anyone, God forbid, rapes my daughter, wife, or sister, they will be stoned to death... :twisted:

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2015, 9:04 pm

MonsterCrack wrote:
and people in shariah countries are actually happier than people in the United States

Source:

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

MonsterCrack
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2015, 9:11 pm

MonsterCrack
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2015, 9:12 pm

actually i appear to have been wrong... america is higher on the list...

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2015, 9:15 pm

Whatever the Swiss are doing seems to be about right 8) ...the Nordic countries are high on the list, little surprise there...

MonsterCrack
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2015, 9:19 pm

Exactly, proteus, little surprise there..... :)

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2015, 10:56 pm

MonsterCrack wrote:
eric76 wrote:
MonsterCrack wrote:
Muhammad's marriage to a nine year old girl was not brought up until recent years..... You can not judge a man who lived almost 14 centuries ago by the social norms and customs of today....

I can judge him and I do judge him by today's social norms.

A'isha consented to the marriage.... she loved Muhammad, and she was mentally an adult.

Anyone who would think that a 6 year old / 9 year old was mentally an adult is a blooming idiot. The idea is completely preposterous.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2015, 11:06 pm

SilverProteus wrote:
You didn't say why you want such a repressive system by todays standards (shariah law) to be implemented. :roll:

That is the question that really needs to be answered.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2015, 11:44 pm

MonsterCrack wrote:
Fine, I'll tell you... shariah has a means of eliminating crime and social ills, by getting rid of the root of the problem, such as eliminating sexual immorality by means of gender segregation, elimination of crime by means of harsh penalties but at the same time paying zakat for charity and not punishing those who steal to feed themselves and/or their families... etc.

Do you really believe that shariah eliminates crime?

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2015, 11:46 pm

MonsterCrack wrote:
Shariah also allows for a good economic system, such as the banning of usury and interest, the payment of zakat, the banning of the taxing of trade, etc. it also eliminates social ills by banning alcohol, etc.

If that is a good economic system, then why aren't those countries the world economic leaders? Why didn't they lead the world towards prosperity instead of Capitalism?

If it weren't for oil, the countries in the Middle East would be among the most backward economies in the world.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2015, 11:49 pm

MonsterCrack wrote:
interest in finance is bad because only the borrower shares in the risk... whereas in islam we have something called profit-and-loss sharing.... if the borrower can't pay it back because they dont make a profit, then the lender doesnt make a profit... the lender has to be extra careful before giving a loan, by looking at their business plan, etc.

You're certainly demonstrating that your understanding of finance is on the level of a 16 year old. Or worse.

In reality, the one facing the biggest risk is the lender. If the lender makes a bad loan and doesn't have sufficient collateral, then he is going to lose.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2015, 11:51 pm

MonsterCrack wrote:
and people in shariah countries are actually happier than people in the United States because they have a more close-knit society that does not have to deal with (as much) suicide, school shootings, millions of accidental pregnancies, the poor being left to fend for themselves, women being treated as sex objects and raped on dates, alcoholism, drug addiction, crime, etc. The saudis and those in the UAE, according to psychologists, are among the happiest people in the world... Turks and Americans are among the least happy... :(

Ahhh. They are so happy that they are immigrating to Western countries as fast as they can. I never realized before that trying to get away from such happy countries could be so attractive.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2015, 11:54 pm

MonsterCrack wrote:
it's also very satisfying to know that if anyone, God forbid, rapes my daughter, wife, or sister, they will be stoned to death... :twisted:

From what I've read, if someone rapes your daughter, wife, or sister over there and you make such accusations, if you cannot prove your case then your daughter, wife, or sister could be murdered by the authorities as part of shariah justice.