Page 1 of 8 [ 113 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2015, 10:41 am

Hello, everyone! I hope you like this thread.
Also, no negativity allowed! I'm creating this thread as a chance for people to express and discuss their creativity and special talents, so try to be positive!

I am a fantasy author, and I like drawing, painting, cooking, reading, writing, making up stories, thinking a lot, and building things out of Lego. What about you guys?

By the way, could someone make this thread sticky? Thanks!

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Catlover5
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2015, 10:47 am

First reply for this lovely thread!

I like to be very precise in everything I do.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2015, 10:51 am

I'm not particularly good in visual art or music--but I'm not really bad in writing at all.

I think, for a Spectrum person, that I'm pretty good at being diplomatic. I think I can serve as a liaison between the autistic and the "NT" communities.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2015, 10:53 am

Hi, Nekoai! Thank you for posting! :)
Me too! I am always methodical and careful with everything I do.
By the way, CatLover would be KisaChere in Mythavean [my invented language].

Hi, Kraftie!
I'm a peacemaker, both in my life and on this forum.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2015, 10:56 am

Is Nekoia a word in your language?

I tried to make up a language when I was 12. I didn't follow through with it.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2015, 10:59 am

Nekoai basically means CatLover in [slightly broken] Japanese.
I've made a whole dictionary of Mythavean words, so if you're interested, just ask!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2015, 11:00 am

What is your language based on, linguistically?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2015, 11:07 am

I have a vivid imagination. I've created many things by doing loom knitting. I also ink draw many different things that pop into my mind.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2015, 11:09 am

My imagination is all over the place. Wow, loom knitting! I've never tried that! I like painting things that I imagine, especially in watercolours.

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2015, 11:17 am

God was drunk when he made me...

ehm I mean... I was created beautifully and perfectly! Like a majestic diamond!

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2015, 11:20 am

I don't think God has the capacity to be drunk. :lol:
Yes, you are beautiful! Everyone is beautiful [even if they don't believe it].

IDoH
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Nov 2015, 11:50 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I think, for a Spectrum person, that I'm pretty good at being diplomatic. I think I can serve as a liaison between the autistic and the "NT" communities.

I think there's NT people that can also serve liaisons between the autistic and non-autistic communities. For example, my NT friend, at this point, would be a good liaison. I've trained trained her well. :wink:

But seriously, I guess that's my talent. I can teach non-autistic people how to interact with autistic people, if they're willing, even if it's a bit emotionally painful for both/all parties at first.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2015, 11:52 am

Good for you, IDoH! It takes a lot of skill to be able to teach people like that!

Neotenous Nordic
Toucan
Toucan

06 Nov 2015, 11:52 am

I like your forum contributions. They are always positive and help balance out all the negativity and conflict mongering.

I have a thing for music. I can play a variety of instruments at a basic level: piano, saxophones, brass instruments, clarinet, bass, and then my main instrument is guitar which I've focused on the most.

When I'm able to zone out so to speak, I get an obsessive kind of focus and can play for hours. That is pure enjoyment. I have composed some songs, but I don't sing very well so they never get finished. Just basic ideas.
I did compose electronic music in the past, but haven't for the last years.

I started messing around with drawing a few years ago, but only for a short while. I tried to draw whatever was nearby. Tried to outline the basic idea in a minimalistic way to capture the "gist" of whatever I was drawing. That's what always captivates me when looking at other peoples drawings. The ability to bring out and describe the essence of something without tons of detail.

I also learn very quickly when I am interested in a subject and I am not in a stressful environment. I.e I was not interested in religion, history and geography in school because it was forced, lumped in with all the other subjects which made it contrived, as well as me being autistic in an environment with people being disrespectful and nasty.

But in later years at home, my interest in these subjects were sparked and when researching from my own interest in a safe environment, I learn and retain very fast.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2015, 11:54 am

Oh, thank you! :)
Here's a present for you:

Dreamsea
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Nov 2015, 12:09 pm

Kuraudo777 wrote:
Oh, thank you! :)
Here's a present for you:

Is that you playing the violin? You're great. What's the name of the song?

I enjoy writing and reading. I enjoyed playing the piano and flute as a child but gave up as a teen. My talents weren't nourished. I think it's so important to nourish children's talents and to start young.