Page 6 of 8 [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2015, 10:46 am

There's considerable evidence that Isaac Newton had Aspie traits. I'm not going to retrospectively diagnose anybody, though.

Sometimes, an autistic mindset is necessary to create certain things.

Don't blow it for yourself, Cockroach, by emphasizing the negative.

That's the best way to blow it for yourself in life--by always thinking negative.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2015, 10:48 am

Wasn't Einstein autistic? Once you become excessively negative, everything seems doomed [trust me, I know what I'm talking about]. The real struggle lies not in getting out of it, but in shifting your attitude and perception sideways.

Random question: Is anyone here interested in hearing about my Indigo/Crystal/Rainbow Children theory?

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2015, 10:49 am

The jury is still out on Einstein being Autistic or NT. He certainly was a genius. And he was certainly socially "odd"--though he had an excellent sense of humor.

Cockroach96
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2015, 10:54 am

Newton may have been an aspie, indeed. He never had friends or a girlfriend and he died a virgin.
The rest of the revolutionary figures weren't autistic. Einstein was married three times and communicated very well both orally and in print.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2015, 10:55 am

Einstein also didn't speak until he was three or four [just like me]!

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2015, 10:55 am

I would bet that the person who first considered cultivating cereal grains over hunting meat had at least some autistic traits.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2015, 10:56 am

You have to make use of your gifts, and make the attempt, through your accomplishments, to lessen the impact of your negative traits.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2015, 11:00 am

^Yeah! Singing, dancing, painting, drawing, reading, and writing all make me feel better and [mostly] prevent me from being too hard on myself.

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2015, 11:01 am

Do not forget to add P.A.M. Dirac to the list, as well as many others. Some of the best scientific minds are/were on the spectrum.

Cockroach96
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2015, 11:02 am

If an aspie has a gift, that's not part of his Asperger's. For instance, someone can become a skilled musician regardless if aspie or NT.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2015, 11:04 am

There are certain things which are part and parcel of being Aspergian. Some of these are positive, especially when employed properly.

Cockroach96
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2015, 11:11 am

I've heard of an autistic guy who lives in my city. He has lots of talents and excellent grades in school, but was heavily bullied for his traits and is a pain in the ass to his parents. I see lots of potential in him, but unfortunately it's squandered by the fact that society naturally rejects autistic people. I don't think there's any hope of him getting employed and contributing to society. Being a genius doesn't get you stable job, being socially skilled does. He would have been a genius even if he had been NT, I'm sure.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2015, 11:12 am

He needs better guidance by his parents...and by others whom he comes in contact with.

Romania is probably a hard place for Aspies.

You have insight into the potential problems for Aspies, Cockroach. You have insight. You could work on these problems.

Cockroach96
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2015, 11:48 am

Earth is a bad place for aspies. I would live on Mars if it was possible. Hopefully the Romanian Orthodox Church will never build a cathedral there, as I'm sick of them expanding their business everywhere. :lol:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2015, 11:48 am

Cockroach96 wrote:
I've always been like that, but I tried to mask it by saying positive things. Not any more.
Kuraudo, NTs can also have those gifts you're talking about. I had classmates who were very good in music and maths. The people who revolutionized the world were/are all NTs, contrary to popular belief. There's no evidence of them being spectrumites.

There is evidence. Not conclusive in my opinion because they can't be observed and early childhood infomation is little or none, but despite my amateur objections some top experts have retrodiagnosed historical figures or have said they probably were Autistic. Autistic or not they were weird and different and did great things.

Plenty of NT's have done great things, but if they are a master race why is the world screwed up?

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2015, 11:49 am

I wouldn't want to live on Mars at all. I would rather live in Middle-earth or Mythaven.