Why did my friend refuse to tell me how he picked up girls?

Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2017, 10:30 pm

MagicKnight wrote:
You mean he really said explicitly: "no I won't teach you how to do this"? Weird but in that case here are some theories and I think more than one applies at once:
Now this might sound blunt and I hope you don't get me wrong, but once you've come to ask that in public I hope it's okay to say this: some people like to have a "pet loser" by his side. Someone whom they can compare to and that never exceeds his own stature and feats, that they can patronise and pat on the back. That's how "alpha males" are born. They shape up a pack by picking a bunch of "lesser alphas" and including a couple "losers" who praise them, indulge them and regard them as The King of Apes.
First part: He didn't refuse verbatim. He just kept saying that there is no special trick. When I pushed him for an answer, he told me to walk around shirtless in public, "to show girls you're comfortable with your body". I knew it was a lie, because he was smirking.

Second part: Yeah, my explanation was something similar. I figured that, being an alpha male, he was performing his evolutionary duty of protecting girls from ugly, disgusting beta males like me. He was making sure I have no sexual contact with any girl. Similar to how girls protect each other by not letting ugly, disgusting beta males approach their friends at a bar/club/party. "Keeping a loser around" wasn't part of my explanation. Although he did use me for rides, money, and what-have-you a number of times. Until I wised up to it and kicked him out of my life.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2017, 10:13 am

Maybe it is like being a test pilot. If you studied the engineering and knew everything that could go wrong, you would be so anxious that you couldn't do your job. Instead, you just trust that everything will work well enough for you to get back home in one piece.

diablo
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jan 2017, 8:18 pm

I've been friends with a few natural pickup artist friends over the years with a similar outcome when I asked for advice. So I support the supply and demand theory: they want the action for themselves. Also they know when someone is naturally non charismatic, so advice they give will probably be cringe fuel. Or maybe in this guys case he wasn't interesting in being someone's mentor.
At one party I attended there were a few of them together and a limited amount of girls available so it was entertaining watching them try to out do each other attempting to get lucky. Like watching a nature documentary being narrated by David Attenborough.

Procreating is overrated anyways.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2017, 10:08 pm

Whether you see it as a «trick» or not you just need to get your MIND right;
once you get your MIND right you can then get the girls practically landing all over you out of the sky.
Why, I have to keep putting on these various disguises in order not to be seen or recognised,
otherwise women just keep jumping out of the closets or other hidden places just to sexually ambush me ! 8O