Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

infilove
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2015, 12:36 am

Do you hate feeling confused, like when something you feel like should make sense but you don't understand? I think I get most angry when that happens... Sometimes I think I'm mad at something else on the surface but deaper down, this is the reason.

aspie quiz results; http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly12c.php?p1= ... =80&p12=28

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2015, 12:43 am

I hate confusion. Understanding is important to me, so in a sense being confused provides an opportunity to learn, but I dislike the feeling of it too. It makes me all frustrated and frazzled and anxious if there is a lot of confusion around. I prefer clean, streamlined, clear interaction.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2015, 2:03 am

Frustration follows confusion.

Malus_Domestica
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Nov 2015, 3:06 am

I don't think anyone likes being confused ... I get mad when I'm confused too, because I'm frustrated, like Ezra said. I get pretty confrontational too sometimes, especially with my husband if he's trying to explain something like driving directions or something.

Unfortunate_Aspie_
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2015, 6:35 am

infilove wrote:
Do you hate feeling confused, like when something you feel like should make sense but you don't understand? I think I get most angry when that happens... Sometimes I think I'm mad at something else on the surface but deaper down, this is the reason.

I used to be confused and then still have enough good cheer left over to be amicable about it, but now most days I get very angry and short with people when I feel as though they are being unnecessarily abstruse or unclear or difficult. However, I wish I could get back to a point where I'm less angry about my being angry.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2015, 6:51 am

Malus_Domestica wrote:
I don't think anyone likes being confused ...

Beat me to it. There's nothing good about that mental state, and I think it's safe to say that no one likes it.

Waterfalls
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2015, 6:55 am

EzraS wrote:
Frustration follows confusion.

I want to go on about the topic, but what you said is perfect.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2015, 10:10 am

What I've noticed with me is two types of confusion for me.
(A) I can intuitively grasp a concept, but not the details to get to the solution. This happened a lot recently when teaching myself programming.
(1) That can actually be pleasurable as it gives me something to dive into deeply and sort all the details. As long as I'm working alone. It plays to my natural strengths and can be relieving.

(2) Not pleasurable in the company of others. Feel put on the spot and cannot flow with the added information as it's constantly being tossed into the mix.

(B) My entire life is a daily walk of confusion when it comes to people. They are just so contradictory. And, that is never pleasurable. Especially as I get older. I just don't get things without cultural touchstones and references. My life is a map and they took another fork than me.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13
Aspie Quiz -- 186 out of 200
AQ: 42
AQ-10: 8.8