If This Is A Dream, Don't Wake Me Up: Cloud is in Smash Bros

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2015, 1:01 pm

^We probably don't, but I'm glad that Corrin is now playable. As for Marth...nice knowing you. *moves over to Cloud*

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2015, 1:56 pm

Misery wrote:
SabbraCadabra wrote:
Wow, that is completely nuts.

I wonder if Square is planning on bringing FF back to Nintendo.

It sounds more like marketing to me.

Like, "Hey, this is just a reminder that we're making a totally updated version of FF7 now!". That it's on a totally different console wont really matter... one way or another, it's marketing of the sort where they barely have to DO anything at all. They just allow the Smash devs to do all the work. And then it makes players think of FF7. And talk about FF7. And so on.

Truly devious. And annoying. My dislike of Square grows ever stronger... is there no limit to it? Probably not.

This might also explain why it is Cloud instead of, say, Cecil from FF4, or Terra from FF6, or maybe even Kefka. Hell, Kefka in particular would cause a fangasm of epic proportions, and he's from a very famous game that was, in fact, on a Nintendo system. Cloud being from a very famous game that was NOT on a Nintendo system. So Cloud makes the least sense here, but he was chosen anyway. Yeah... reeks of pure marketing to me. As such, unless Cloud's moveset, gameplay-wise, is bloody FASCINATING, I aint supporting this one with a purchase, that's for sure.

They probably had deal with Square to get FFVIIR and other stuff to get Cloud in Smash.
Though FFVIIR is being released in parts due to the amount of time it would take to make the whole remake.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2015, 10:47 am

^I'm happy about this regardless. :D

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2015, 1:49 am

so...this is it, right?

smash 4 is 100% complete, no more new content, characters or otherwise?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2015, 10:19 am

^That's right [finally]. :lol: I often wish that they hadn't included Duck Hunt Dog in the game, since my friend uses him a lot [although I did manage to beat him as Marth once].

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2015, 1:54 am

come on now, he's a classic! :nerdy:

how does cloud play?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2016, 2:24 pm

I'm not a fan of the FF series or most roleplaying games. Most of the downloadable characters are from games I've never played or have no interest in. Isabelle is downloadable, but only as a costume for the Miis. I wish they made Ms. Pac-Man, Shadow the Hedgehog, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy Rose downloadable characters. But I guess Namco wants us to forget Ms. Pac ever existed since she was originally a hack, and Sega doesn't care about Sonic or his fans anymore. :(

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2016, 2:06 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
I'm not a fan of the FF series or most roleplaying games. Most of the downloadable characters are from games I've never played or have no interest in. Isabelle is downloadable, but only as a costume for the Miis. I wish they made Ms. Pac-Man, Shadow the Hedgehog, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy Rose downloadable characters. But I guess Namco wants us to forget Ms. Pac ever existed since she was originally a hack, and Sega doesn't care about Sonic or his fans anymore. :(

They wouldnt add those characters because they wouldnt sell a bazillion times over, is why. It's also why they didnt add others that.... would have made a hell of alot more sense. Or a variety of other fan favorites that people have been clamoring for because they havent been clamoring for them ENOUGH.

The worst part? Cloud, in the end, ends up just being an Ike clone. With one special being different (and also the final smash, but I dont count those). So.... ANOTHER clone character. The game sure needed more of those. Ugh.

There's still Bayonetta to come, but I'm just going to pretend that's not happening (not that I care anyway, really). She'll end up being a clone of.... someone. No idea who. But they've MASTERED that art at this point.

Just.... ugh. SO freaking disappointed in the whole thing. I'm glad I bought the game as a whole, but I'm also glad that I *didnt* buy the DLC. Aside from buying Ryu because it was too damn funny not to. Havent bought a damn thing else, and wont.

Name_is_loading
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jan 2016, 9:04 pm

If anyone doesn't know, Bayonetta will be in Smash.

Video is here. :wink: Poor Pit.