Terrorists are on the rampage in Paris

Page 14 of 16 [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

AR1500
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Nov 2015, 8:23 pm

xenocity wrote:
Neotenous Nordic wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Why ISIS never attacks Israel? Hmm

That's the million dollar question, isn't it?

It's like ISIS and Israel exist in separate universes. Israel is aware of ISIS and uses it as arguments all the time when they cry for sympathy, but ISIS has not once mentioned Israel.

You hear all the time about how arabs and muslims supposedly are so "anti-semitic" yet not one jew has been attacked by ISIS, not one attack or even threat against Israel.

So the big question is: who benefits from ISIS? Surely, Israel appreciates ISIS as a good reason for the U.S to terrorize Israels neighbors. A nice supplement to the military aid they already receive from the U.S.

ISIS is believed to getting "help" from Israel in some fashion.
It wouldn't be the first time Israel has helped a group that terrorizes their neighbors.
I mean Israel did help create and arm Hamas just so it would terrorize Palestine, Egypt, Lebanon, and Jordan.
Israel sent Mossad to bring back the founders of Hamas from exile in exchange for Israel's help.
It worked Hama split the PLO, stopping Palestine from becoming unified behind FATAH and PLO

Hamas only turned against Israel, when Israel cut them off and started monitoring their activities closely.

Once Israel moves against ISIS and stops the supposed "help", ISIS will turn on Israel.

It's really up to Israel to decide whether or not to help ISIS or go to war against them.

They saying goes, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend".

Evidence, please?

I guess you missed [url="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3149047/ISIS-carries-rocket-attacks-Israel-Two-Grad-missiles-fired-Egypt-s-Sinai-Peninsula-just-days-jihadis-killed-50-Egyptian-soldiers-brutal-dawn-raids.html"]this[/url] news story.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2015, 10:05 pm

As the saying goes, "The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy; no more, and no less." -- Maxim 29, of "The 70 Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries", by Howard Tayler

Maxim 30 is, "A little trust goes a long way; the less you use, the further you will go."

... words to live by ...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

HisMom
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2015, 10:18 pm

Fnord wrote:
Maxim 30 is, "A little trust goes a long way; the less you use, the further you will go."

... words to live by ...

Other golden words to live by :

"Be kind to EVERYONE you meet, for they may be carrying a load that you may unaware of".

The talk of trust from someone who routinely operates in a bait-and-switch manner in this very forum, with little kindness / compassion / empathy for and to those in difficult situations, is ironical at best, and hypocritical at worst.

At least I'm sure it may be so in "Denmark".

-- Hamlet, 1.5.113-116

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2015, 10:21 pm

xenocity wrote:
It's believed that many of the terrorists are non muslim French born citizens.
Belief proves nothing. Check the facts.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

AR1500
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Nov 2015, 11:05 pm

Fnord wrote:
As the saying goes, "The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy; no more, and no less." -- Maxim 29, of "The 70 Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries", by Howard Tayler

... words to live by ...

Good points. These Dirka Dirkas have shown themselves to be anything BUT allies! Calling them unreliable allies is an understatement because by their actions in the last 30 years they are by far the worst enemies of the West. Don't believe me Xenocity? You act like 9/11 never happened.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2015, 1:31 am

Seems to me that killing up to 100 kids at a rock\metal concert has accomplished nothing politically or religiously.....what did they accomplish?

Seems to me that Islam is the scarf-wearing women and girls all over my city, going to school and work, the Muslim men working to support their families, not people focusing their time and effort to hurt people.

Jesus did not kill anyone, nor did Buddha, nor did Baha'ulla, nor, Ghandi, nor, I believe, did Muhammad.....

If their believers walked in their steps instead of what someone SAYS to do in their name, wouldn't this wretchedness end?

luan78zao
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Nov 2015, 2:11 am

Sylkat wrote:
Jesus did not kill anyone, nor did Buddha, nor did Baha'ulla, nor, Ghandi, nor, I believe, did Muhammad...

Muhammad led his followers into battle on numerous occasions, and once ordered the assassination of an enemy. If you've been thinking of him as a sort of Jesus-like figure, preaching peace, love, and self-sacrifice, you really need to read the Quran. It is a story of war and bloody conquest.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission – which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." – Ayn Rand

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2015, 2:28 am

Sylkat wrote:
Seems to me that killing up to 100 kids at a rock\metal concert has accomplished nothing politically or religiously.....what did they accomplish?

Seems to me that Islam is the scarf-wearing women and girls all over my city, going to school and work, the Muslim men working to support their families, not people focusing their time and effort to hurt people.

Jesus did not kill anyone, nor did Buddha, nor did Baha'ulla, nor, Ghandi, nor, I believe, did Muhammad.....

If their believers walked in their steps instead of what someone SAYS to do in their name, wouldn't this wretchedness end?

It doesn't make sense to sane people. The whole damnable point of terror is to senselessly kill innocent people in order to say: I want something, and I'll hurt as many people as possible to make you bend to my will.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2015, 2:39 am

IS wouldn't put much effort into attacking Israel because:

Israel does a good job with its borders and security
Israel isn't attacking them
Israel is actively fighting the enemy of IS (Shiite Muslims), which leads to:
IS hates Shiite Muslims more than the Jewish

IS is mostly ex-Iraqi military leaders (Baathists) and Iraqi Sunnis. Not much love for Shiites there, nor much love for the "crusaders" (the latter put them out of power in Iraq, and also brought the Sunni/Shiite civil war to Iraq in their minds).

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2015, 2:44 am

Dillogic wrote:
IS wouldn't put much effort into attacking Israel because:

Israel does a good job with its borders and security
Israel isn't attacking them
Israel is actively fighting the enemy of IS (Shiite Muslims), which leads to:
IS hates Shiite Muslims more than the Jewish

IS is mostly ex-Iraqi military leaders (Baathists) and Iraqi Sunnis. Not much love for Shiites there, nor much love for the "crusaders" (the latter put them out of power in Iraq, and also brought the Sunni/Shiite civil war to Iraq in their minds).

This makes sense.

and for the second part, I posted this in the other thread:

Quote:
Ironically, ISIS can be described as Saddam's "ghost" emerged to haunt the world again - I am talking figuratively of course.

There are many reports showing that many of the ISIS commanders are originally Ba'ath officers who served under Saddam Hussein, Iraqi Ba'aths were not really secular, they were sectarians to teeth who claimed to be secular.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/mo ... aphic.html

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2015, 2:55 am

The finding of the passports near the bombers' bodies needs a Mythbusters episode: Can a passport survive a vest explosion?

I was told there was a documentary talking about suicide bombers are often are found half body, sometimes the upper part of the body fly up, so if a passport was in his top pocket then it might remain intact.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2015, 3:52 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
The finding of the passports near the bombers' bodies needs a Mythbusters episode: Can a passport survive a vest explosion?

I was told there was a documentary talking about suicide bombers are often are found half body, sometimes the upper part of the body fly up, so if a passport was in his top pocket then it might remain intact.

those ## passports always !
who's going to carry a passport on suicide mission? his/her own? sure...?

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2015, 4:46 am

ID cards are pretty strong and light. I can see them ending up as relatively intact shrapnel (not to mention usually being in a wallet). You'd need a really big boom to make them effectively disappear or a prolonged fire.

You'd carry one in case you need to show ID. Not much point in hiding your ID when you blow yourself up, and you also want it known that your crew did it.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2015, 5:33 am

As many of the terrorists had been recently in Belgium prior to returning to France, that might explain why they had had their passports on their persons.

neilson_wheels
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2015, 6:25 am

As Dillogic said above. It does seem like they want to be identified, so it carrying ID and placing it in a position where it's less likely to be damaged seems to be part of their procedure.

Something of small mass and high surface area is more likely to be carried by the shock wave than destroyed by it.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2015, 7:23 am

CNN seems to be keeping up with the facts, so here's link to their latest (2015/11/16) update of...

What We Know So Far:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/16/europe/pa ... index.html

NPR also has a fact-based article, one which identifies the "master-mind" behind the attacks...

Live Updates:
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... mastermind

So, let's forego the racist conspiracy theories, shall we?