Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2015, 8:05 am

What I Discovered After I Googled ‘Autistic Professor’ by Daniel Bowman Jr.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

deafghost52
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Nov 2015, 8:39 am

Yeah, stereotypes can be a b****. People who stereotype too much destroyed a lot African-American life and culture in the U.S., as well as Jewish life and culture in Nazi Germany. I hope that one day, we'll be able to look beyond generalizations and categorizations, and see everyone as unique and individual. :)

-- Claude Debussy

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 10:32 am

I pray for peace everyday and do what I can to be a good person.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

deafghost52
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Nov 2015, 10:35 am

Kuraudo777 wrote:
I pray for peace everyday and do what I can to be a good person.

And I have a feeling your efforts are not going unnoticed. :wink:
Even if they were, they're probably still making an impact, however large or small, and I commend you for it. :)

-- Claude Debussy

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 10:38 am

Oh, thank you! You know, several months ago I started picking up trash on my way to and from school, and now there's hardly any litter dropped now!

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

deafghost52
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Nov 2015, 11:24 am

Kuraudo777 wrote:
Oh, thank you! You know, several months ago I started picking up trash on my way to and from school, and now there's hardly any litter dropped now!

Wow, prayer and action. :o You truly are a rare and special type of person, Kuraudo. I often times aspire to be like that, but lose myself in selfish wants and desires and hopelessness/despair, thinking that I can't do meaningful things for others (or that If I can, I can't sustain it). You've inspired me to try to change that around, though - and most importantly, to simply do my own personal best, in everything that I do during every day that I'm alive. :)

-- Claude Debussy

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 11:28 am

Aww, thank you! That's so nice! :D Yeah! Give it your all! :cheers:
I seem to have Chronic Hero Syndrome, so when someone's upset or needs cheering up, I instantly spring into action and try to help them. :oops: