For those who support abortion, what about smoking while pre

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2015, 11:00 am

For those who support abortion, what about smoking while pregnant? Should it be considered morally okay for a woman to smoke while she is pregnant? After all, it is her body. And should I, as a male, not speak against women smoking while pregnant since I can never get pregnant and so can't think that a woman smoking while she is pregnant is wrong?

neilson_wheels
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2015, 11:08 am

It is morally wrong for a woman to smoke while pregnant.
You can think whatever you like about this issue, but you can only speak out to a woman about this if you are the father of the child.

Unfortunate_Aspie_
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2015, 12:23 pm

NewTime wrote:
For those who support abortion, what about smoking while pregnant? Should it be considered morally okay for a woman to smoke while she is pregnant? After all, it is her body. And should I, as a male, not speak against women smoking while pregnant since I can never get pregnant and so can't think that a woman smoking while she is pregnant is wrong?

LOOOOTS of women smoke while pregnant. It's been going on for centuries, and even if they aren't smoking they might inhale second-hand smoke from a smoking husband usually (why is smoking considered a masculine thing? Outside of the maybe phallic imagery imposed via Fruedian-esque interpretations I don't see the connection as a specifically "male" realm).

I think it is wrong for anyone to smoke around children- you are compromising their health- end of discussion. However, generational smokers get offended by this, (hint: it's still bad for you no matter what you think or feel about it).

I don't think you should or can tell anyone what to do with their body, and unless you are the father of that child you should refrain from comment. Besides it isn't truly "your problem" although more broadly it does become one's problem, but that is slightly outside of the scope of this conversation.

In short, I support any and all forms of abortions at any point, but I believe for healthy reasons (not moralistic ones) that women should refrain from smoking while pregnant and really should just quit for good.

SoMissunderstood
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Nov 2015, 12:48 pm

I don't have an opinion on abortion, but I shall take this opportunity to speak out of school.

I sailed through my first pregnancy without any problems at all.

The second was a real nightmare!

I suffered with constant, debilitating morning sickness right from the word go.

Everything I ate, I just threw back up and this went on for months, until I became very seriously underweight and was taken to the hospital...where I was given weekly B6 and iron injections and being put on a drip.

Still, this didn't help at all. I tried all natural therapies, like ginger and other things, but I threw them up as well.

Eventually, the doctor said that if I didn't eat anything, both the baby and myself would die...yes, I knew that..but try telling that to my poor stomach!

Eventually, I became bedridden and couldn't get up to even use the toilet. I had a bucket beside my bed where every bodily fluid went into...I was a real mess.

Until a friend came over and listened to my story...then went away and brought back some cannabis.

At first, trying to smoke this was very difficult, but I managed.

Within two days, I was eating normally and back on the road to recovery. I smoked pot throughout the rest of the pregnancy to avoid a repeat of that and gave birth to a normal, in every way 8 pound baby girl.

So, I cannot talk. lol

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2015, 8:30 pm

If you intend to carry it to term, then it's immoral to smoke.