Page 4 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2017, 8:54 pm

Dreamsea wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
What do you not like about it?

This is my 2nd job this year. I experience at least one bully everywhere I go. I'm not good at getting people to leave me alone once they target me. I do say stuff back but I guess I'm not consistent enough. It takes me a while to even realize someone is trying to bully me. By the time I realize it, the bullying is bad. Also, I don't always have quick comebacks. I think all of this makes me an easy target. I had my last job for eight months and already had one nurse bothering me. I said stuff back but she still continued bothering me. I just couldn't get her to stop. I suck. Telling the manager doesn't work either. I've been there, done that at the first job I quit a few years ago.

I try to laugh and appear friendly at each new job but always end up being disrespected. I really hate putting a lot of effort into building relationships with coworkers just to find that they are still saying awful stuff about me behind my back. It feels like a big slap in the face. I mean, why bother trying? Socializing is unenjoyable and hard enough for me. Co workers have yelled at me, called me stupid, told me I suck---co workers whom I've tried my best to appear friendly to. I'm such an idiot that I often don't say anything back at the time because I don't think of any comebacks until after the incident when it's too late. It takes me a while for social cues to register. Certain people pick up on this and bully me. I'm a socially awkward turtle.

I'm frustrated with myself and am dreading starting over again. Also, I've always worked in a hospital. This new job is at a nursing home so I'm also nervous about this.

this is sad and scary.
i hope you are doing better now.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2017, 8:56 pm

BabyNurseStacey wrote:
This is exactly what I am going through right now! I have been a nurse for 18 years now and I have lost 2 jobs in the past year and a half because I don't fit in. With both jobs I ended up feeling like I was being watched under a microscope, I was even called into the office a few times when nurses tried to pin things on me. The last time it happened I just gave up and let them fire me. Now I have to sell my home to make ends meet and have to find a new job. I've worked in the NICU for the past 12 years which can be both very high stress as well as nurses who think they are princesses who eventually turn on me when they decide I don't "fit" with them. Now I'm unsure if I should stay with my specialty or not. On top of that I am struggling to get my son services through his school. They dropped all of his services last May and even failing all year they refuse to test him for autism. I am so beyond overwhelmed and frustrated with my life in general right now. ANY advice is welcome on both the job front as well as my son!! !

omg i am so sad on your behalf.

i have been told if you get lawyers involved (for schools) they will buck up and provide services. i was having trouble with my sons school this yr too so i got a lot of advice on another forum. makeupalley.com , the cafe board. Theycan be silly butwhen it comes to such things, they give a lot of practical advice

if u post this i m sure you will receive good ideas.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2017, 1:57 am

BabyNurseStacey wrote:
This is exactly what I am going through right now! I have been a nurse for 18 years now and I have lost 2 jobs in the past year and a half because I don't fit in. With both jobs I ended up feeling like I was being watched under a microscope, I was even called into the office a few times when nurses tried to pin things on me. The last time it happened I just gave up and let them fire me. Now I have to sell my home to make ends meet and have to find a new job. I've worked in the NICU for the past 12 years which can be both very high stress as well as nurses who think they are princesses who eventually turn on me when they decide I don't "fit" with them. Now I'm unsure if I should stay with my specialty or not. On top of that I am struggling to get my son services through his school. They dropped all of his services last May and even failing all year they refuse to test him for autism. I am so beyond overwhelmed and frustrated with my life in general right now. ANY advice is welcome on both the job front as well as my son!! !

a good thing about nicu is that the patients will respond to good medical treatment without being picky about bedside manner. nicu is an awesome skill set. since you have that skill set, not using it would be a shame.