16 Nov 2015, 3:52 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/16/politics/ ... es-letter/

progaspie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2015, 4:11 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/16/politics/ben-carson-syrian-refugees-letter/

There's 10,000,000 of them. Where would he like them to go?

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2015, 7:11 pm

I guess staying and fighting for their country is out of the question? I see lots and lots of young and healthy looking male "refugees"; all capable of fighting.

Anyone leaving their homelands for simple safety probably aren't the most honorable people around.

Adamantium
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

16 Nov 2015, 7:17 pm

progaspie wrote:
AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/16/politics/ben-carson-syrian-refugees-letter/

There's 10,000,000 of them. Where would he like them to go?

Perhaps in Joseph's hermetically sealed compartments in the pyramids?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

16 Nov 2015, 7:37 pm

It is not the president's authority resettle refugees in this country, it should be congress's decision. Young men who are not a persecuted minority from Syria should stay and fight ISIS, consider themselves drafted because they're not going to come here and have us fight a war for them. A lot of these refugees are not even Syrian, they are economic migrants and we have more than enough already.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2015, 9:52 pm

Dillogic wrote:
I guess staying and fighting for their country is out of the question? I see lots and lots of young and healthy looking male "refugees"; all capable of fighting.

Anyone leaving their homelands for simple safety probably aren't the most honorable people around.

I think running from an army of lunatics who want to either set you on fire, or cut off your head - while on camera - isn't unreasonable.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2015, 10:10 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
I think running from an army of lunatics who want to either set you on fire, or cut off your head - while on camera - isn't unreasonable.

Only if you can't fight, such as the elderly and children.

Otherwise, you're a coward and a burden on others in the least (not the best people, I've found), and taking advantage of their kindness. You also provide an avenue for said lunatics to harm the blindly benevolent.

A good portion aren't running from IS in Syria, however. Rather, from having to fight for or against Assad.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2015, 10:25 pm

Dillogic wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Otherwise, you're a coward and a burden on others in the least (not the best people, I've found), and taking advantage of their kindness. You also provide an avenue for said lunatics to harm the blindly benevolent.

A good portion aren't running from IS in Syria, however. Rather, from having to fight for or against Assad.

I found your statement quite judgemental.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2015, 10:32 pm

Tollorin wrote:

That would be because it is?

There's not much worst than a person that has no genuine ties to their homeland and isn't willing to fight for it. Said people aren't the types you want to take your help, as there's no appreciation. Women and their kids? Sure.

To run away and seek safety at the expense of those that offer you sanctuary is deplorable (everyone knows IS has followed them, intermingled with them; knowing that they're using your routes to wage war is negligence and malicious indifference in the least).

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2015, 11:17 pm

Dillogic wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I'm sure the men in the situation of running for the sake of their families would have a different perspective on it.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2015, 11:20 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
I'm sure the men in the situation of running for the sake of their families would have a different perspective on it.

Send your families off for protection, fight for your country.

Seems pretty simple.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2015, 11:25 pm

Dillogic wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Seems pretty simple.

If I was a kid in that situation, you better believe I'd prefer my dad alive with me, rather than him getting killed - or maybe worse, not knowing if he was alive or dead.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2015, 3:14 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Dillogic wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Seems pretty simple.

If I was a kid in that situation, you better believe I'd prefer my dad alive with me, rather than him getting killed - or maybe worse, not knowing if he was alive or dead.

^Lame excuse for cowardice right there.
Maybe study the American Revolution a little sometime.
Oh wait; if we'd stayed with the crown instead of fighting it we'd have more free stuff at taxpayer expense now.
In your case forget what all I said above.
For a moment there I forgot who I was talking to.
:roll:

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2015, 3:23 am

Tollorin wrote:
Dillogic wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

So what?
If they are fighting age males and not willing to fight to save thier homeland then that's a sign of the kind of weak character we don't need any more of. They'll either end up on the dole or filling the prisons of whatever country gets stuck with them.
The one's that aren't slackers are probably terrorists masquerading as slackers and that'll have to be dealt with sooner or later.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2015, 9:31 am

While I don't think every Tom, Dick, and Harry coming out of Syria should be turned away, I think there should be a no-entry list like the one they have in the UK (if the U.S. doesn't already have one). Once intel is found on a suspected ISIS member, onto the list they go.