Do you think women have it easier getting a relationship?

Page 2 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Do you think women on average have it easier getting a relationship?
I'm a man and yes 52%  52%  [ 11 ]
I'm a man and they both have it equally difficult 19%  19%  [ 4 ]
I'm a man and men have it easier. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I'm a woman and yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I'm a woman and they both have it equally difficult. 24%  24%  [ 5 ]
I'm a woman and men have it easier. 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 21

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 10:57 am

darkphantomx1 wrote:
Women

Pros

1. Have more prospects which means more men are willing to date them
2. Don't have to approach, men will approach them.
3. There's more women considered attractive than men considered attractive, especially in the young stages.
4. Don't have to pay for first dates.
5. Men are not as picky when it comes to women they want to get with. Meaning there's more women considered dateable then men considered dateable.
6. Could easily get sex if they wanted to.
7. Your online dating profile will receive tons of messages.

Cons

1. Have to deal with being hit on by people they don't like much more often and dealing with creepers.
2. Being an ugly woman is a bigger handicap then being an ugly man since men place a higher emphasis on looks.
3. Being an obese chick is a big turn off.

Men

Pros

1. Can talk about how many b*****s they've f****d and not get slut shamed.
2. Don't have to deal with being hit on by people they don't like or creepers as much compared to women.
3. Looks isn't everything to a woman so ugly guys still have a shot of getting with hot babes.

Cons

1. Usually have to approach first which means shy guys have it harder.
2. Women are more picky compared to men in whom they would consider dating.
3. Have to pay for first dates.
4. Online dating is harder since you're probably one of 20 guys competing for one girl.
5. There's more ugly guys then there are ugly girls.
6. There's more male virgins at older ages then female virgins at older ages and female virgins are much more likely to be virgins by choice.
7. Can't get sex as easily.
8. Shy and unconfident males ALWAYS finish last.
9. Can get easily friend-zoned.

Your language is a big turn off dude.. Stop calling women b*****s and using the F word in every damn sentence and you just may get somewhere.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 11:00 am

darkphantomx1 wrote:
In terms of prospects? Women of course, it's not even close. Unless you're famous of course. In terms of getting sex? Women definitely.

Also women tend to be pickier prospect wise. A man may consider anywhere from 50-75% women from his age group to be dateable/f***able. While for women, she may consider only 10-25% to be dateable/f***able.

In their late teens all the way to late 20s, women pretty much rule the dating scene. If you're a woman in your 20s, don't take your power over men for granted. You're at your peak beauty right now. Unless you're ugly or a whale, then you have it hard. If obese is your only problem, then just lose some weight. Your husband/boyfriend/etc... will be happier.

Is that why some guys I've dated lost interest in me....and a couple basically just used me for sex, with me being too stupid to see it right up front. Yes that makes me feel so very powerful over the male sex....or the time a much older 'college' student like in his 40s with a kid my first year earned my trust and then tried to pressure me to have sex at one point even seemed to try and push me into their bedroom. Yes as an autistic female I feel I've always had so much power.....not.

And what is with your fixation on obesity really?

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 11:06 am

nurseangela wrote:
Your language is a big turn off dude.. Stop calling women b*****s and using the F word in every damn sentence and you just may get somewhere.

Wrong. I don't even call women b*****s irl and don't cuss that much irl and i'm getting no p****.

I'm actually friendly irl, I just come to WP to rant so of course I come off as an as*hole.

The reason why i'm getting no chicks is because I can't talk to them irl because of my social anxiety. It friggin sucks!

Neetyakssim
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Nov 2015, 11:13 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
darkphantomx1 wrote:
In terms of prospects? Women of course, it's not even close. Unless you're famous of course. In terms of getting sex? Women definitely.

Also women tend to be pickier prospect wise. A man may consider anywhere from 50-75% women from his age group to be dateable/f***able. While for women, she may consider only 10-25% to be dateable/f***able.

In their late teens all the way to late 20s, women pretty much rule the dating scene. If you're a woman in your 20s, don't take your power over men for granted. You're at your peak beauty right now. Unless you're ugly or a whale, then you have it hard. If obese is your only problem, then just lose some weight. Your husband/boyfriend/etc... will be happier.

Is that why some guys I've dated lost interest in me....and a couple basically just used me for sex, with me being too stupid to see it right up front. Yes that makes me feel so very powerful over the male sex....or the time a much older 'college' student like in his 40s with a kid my first year earned my trust and then tried to pressure me to have sex at one point even seemed to try and push me into their bedroom. Yes as an autistic female I feel I've always had so much power.....not.

And what is with your fixation on obesity really?

Darkphantomx1's bitterness that all women apparently have the sense to give him a wide berth because he so clearly hates himself and hates women comes out as seething at the overweight.

Seething anger and self-loathing are total turnoffs.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 11:30 am

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 11:40 am

Didn't even give me time to edit the post before you quoted. I removed the obesity part. Good job friggin good job.

Oh well i'm already considered an as*hole to most of you here. I tend to not sugar code my words, I speak how I feel.

Last edited by darkphantomx1 on 19 Nov 2015, 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 11:41 am

darkphantomx1 wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

Wrong. I don't even call women b*****s irl and don't cuss that much irl and i'm getting no p****.

I'm actually friendly irl, I just come to WP to rant so of course I come off as an as*hole.

The reason why i'm getting no chicks is because I can't talk to them irl because of my social anxiety. It friggin sucks!

Well even if you don't cuss and call women b*****s all the time...perhaps that you still somehow give the impression you view girls as 'b***s'. Also I know I know it only ever works for females and a male has never once found anyone this way :roll: ...but you could try the internet for approaching women. Though if you come off as someone just seeking p**** no girls serious about a relationship are going to be receptive.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 11:44 am

darkphantomx1 wrote:
Didn't even give me time to edit the post before you quoted. I removed the obesity part. Good job friggin good job.

Oh well i'm already considered an as*hole to most of you here. I tend to not sugar code my words, I speak how I feel.

How is anyone supposed to know if you intend to edit something, and thus be able to give you time to do so. Once something posts its open for responses.

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 11:45 am

Sweetleaf wrote:

Well even if you don't cuss and call women b*****s all the time...perhaps that you still somehow give the impression you view girls as 'b***s'. Also I know I know it only ever works for females and a male has never once found anyone this way :roll: ...but you could try the internet for approaching women. Though if you come off as someone just seeking p**** no girls serious about a relationship are going to be receptive.

Bro, have you seen the dtf girls on Tinder?

There's a ton of chicks who just wanna f**k no strings attached.

Klowglas
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 11:52 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Klowglas wrote:
Yes and No.

Women are not content with average guys -- remember -- women biologically and historically DATE UP (hypergamy)

When you date up, you want BETTER THAN AVERAGE.

Whereas a male is perfectly content with an average or even below average woman, very few are going to perform good enough for an above average woman.

A woman's idea of a relationship, therefor, is much different than a man's idea of a relationship, they are both gong to be hard pressed to get what they want, this leads to average guys dating below average women, and average women dating above average guys. The super-hotties that are left are going for the top 20% of males who are the kings of the jungle.

It's not easy for a woman to secure a top 20% male, since this kind of male has plenty of access to sex from a panoply of women -- he can't be manipulated through sex like the average male can -- just as it's not easy for an average guy to secure an average or above average woman.

It's hard for both genders because they have distinct requirements as governed by our biology, what the man wants is not what the woman wants and vice versa.

Nothing you've stated has anything to do with biology, I think women looking for status and above averageness...comes from history of women having to depend on males. Obviously if you don't have the right to work or provide for yourself you're going to feel the need for a man who can do that easily enough....I say it traces back to social constructs not biology.

That said I've never cared much of high status, or dating 'up' I am with the boyfriend I have because I care about him and we get along awesome and enjoy a lot of the same things I am not with him in the hopes he'll 'provide for me' or increase my social status the way I see it we'll likely end up helping each other financially probably both go in on a place to live eventually. I certainly would not leave him for someone better off financially, because there are feelings I am not in the relationship just to get the most material stuff I can. So yeah its obnoxious when you pretend 'biology' dictates that that women are essentially greedy pigs, and guys just want love....that's not it at all.

Women depend on males for hard labor/warring/protections, etc, because none of those things are in the womans power, and thus she has to select for a stronger male, not only does the male have to be stronger than her, the male also has to be stonger than other males otherwise she risks losing her entire family to conflict with another tribe, it has everything to do with biology because she is selecting for fitness in order to provide and protect her family.

And just because you're an exception doesn't mean that it's not the norm, but even then there's still the fact that you might not actually see the selection that you've made for lack of perspective. What happens when there are no more resources to support what you and your boyfriend both love to do? What happens when your conscious see's that there's another male who enjoys those things as well, but who has enough resources to support it?

And I'm not saying that the men actually want love, men are content with average women because average women can at least give sex, which is not to be conflated with love, but hypergamy should not be confused with love either. in the end most relationships boil down to resource exchange.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 11:53 am

darkphantomx1 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Well get on Tinder than....if you're looking for those kinds of chicks, problem solved. Just make sure and wear a condom to avoid STDs. But Okcupid for instance has more of a focus on finding relationships I think...though I imagine there are people just looking for sex there to.

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 12:01 pm

They don't sell extra extra large condoms at Walgreens.

Nothing that can fit my 10 inch mammoth.

Varelse
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Nov 2015, 12:10 pm

On average, I think it's about the same. It's just that the kinds of difficulties experienced are generally different, and are strongly influenced by the culture that the person is embedded in. Also, the kind of relationship the person is seeking is relevant. If there is a mismatch between sexes on the most commonly sought type or quality of relationship, then this could lead to people from each gender to perceiving their own difficulties as greater, on average.

Additionally, the difficulty 'balance' may shift with age: I think it is likely that older women tend to experience more difficulty getting into romantic relationships than do men of the same age, and the reverse is likely true among younger people.

Do you believe that having an accurate answer to this question will help people in some way? This is merely to satisfy my own curiosity. It is not a rhetorical question.

Neetyakssim
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Nov 2015, 12:15 pm

darkphantomx1 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Yet none of them will f**k you. Hmmmmm.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 12:17 pm

Klowglas wrote:

Women depend on males for hard labor/warring/protections, etc, because none of those things are in the womans power, and thus she has to select for a stronger male, not only does the male have to be stronger than her, the male also has to be stonger than other males otherwise she risks losing her entire family to conflict with another tribe, it has everything to do with biology because she is selecting for fitness in order to provide and protect her family.

And just because you're an exception doesn't mean that it's not the norm, but even then there's still the fact that you might not actually see the selection that you've made for lack of perspective. What happens when there are no more resources to support what you and your boyfriend both love to do? What happens when your conscious see's that there's another male who enjoys those things as well, but who has enough resources to support it?

And I'm not saying that the men actually want love, men are content with average women because average women can at least give sex, which is not to be conflated with love, but hypergamy should not be confused with love either. in the end most relationships boil down to resource exchange.

Now you are describing more biological things...but what does high social status and being financially well off have to do with the biology of males being typically bigger and stronger, thus being the ones depended on to protect the tribe and provide resources via going and getting them. Though females likely gathered some resources whilst men would likely hunt meat and such.

From what I can tell modern day high social status, financially well of males aren't necessarily....stronger or more able to defend their women from danger...some seem a lot weaker because they don't have to do a lot of strenuous physical activity and the whole clean cut appearance seems to be the opposite of what would attract females as far as biology....wouldn't a more rugged/rough appearance be more inline with the biological need for a guy who could take care of hard labor and defending the tribe?

However keep in mind a lot of reasons the things you mention weren't in womens power....has also been social constructs...so its still not entirely 'biology'.

Also I don't see my boyfriend as something to discard if I see someone more well off with better resources. And if somehow there where no resources for me and my boyfriend to do anything we enjoyed....I guess we'd have to find a way to get some resources wouldn't we? I don't see how abandoning him would help the situation all it would do is make me feel like a piece of crap.

Also that aside what kind of well off guy is going to take a woman off the streets(ending up homeless would be the only way I could see us not having resources to do what we enjoy) who just abandoned her SO specifically to try to find someone more well off....unless they mean to take advantage of a women in an apparently vulnerable situation. Better to stick with someone you know well and care deeply for and work together to improve things....than throw them away on the off chance you can find an easier life with someone else.

Also you make it sound like guys just care if they 'get sex'....but I have heard plenty from the male sex that would imply otherwise. A lot of guys believe it or not are more selective of who they have sex with...and only want to with someone they actually like. But I don't deny there are plenty of guys who might settle for someone they don't really like because at least they get sex....but to me that sounds like a very depressing kind of relationship.

And maybe all you see in relationships is a resource exchange, but for many people there is a lot more feelings and emotion involved...and coming to genuinely care about your S.O always makes it much more complex than a resource exchange. I guess to some their relationships are nothing more than a resource exchange, and those people can have each other.

Neetyakssim
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Nov 2015, 12:26 pm

Klowglas wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Klowglas wrote:
Yes and No.

Women are not content with average guys -- remember -- women biologically and historically DATE UP (hypergamy)

When you date up, you want BETTER THAN AVERAGE.

Whereas a male is perfectly content with an average or even below average woman, very few are going to perform good enough for an above average woman.

A woman's idea of a relationship, therefor, is much different than a man's idea of a relationship, they are both gong to be hard pressed to get what they want, this leads to average guys dating below average women, and average women dating above average guys. The super-hotties that are left are going for the top 20% of males who are the kings of the jungle.

It's not easy for a woman to secure a top 20% male, since this kind of male has plenty of access to sex from a panoply of women -- he can't be manipulated through sex like the average male can -- just as it's not easy for an average guy to secure an average or above average woman.

It's hard for both genders because they have distinct requirements as governed by our biology, what the man wants is not what the woman wants and vice versa.

Nothing you've stated has anything to do with biology, I think women looking for status and above averageness...comes from history of women having to depend on males. Obviously if you don't have the right to work or provide for yourself you're going to feel the need for a man who can do that easily enough....I say it traces back to social constructs not biology.

That said I've never cared much of high status, or dating 'up' I am with the boyfriend I have because I care about him and we get along awesome and enjoy a lot of the same things I am not with him in the hopes he'll 'provide for me' or increase my social status the way I see it we'll likely end up helping each other financially probably both go in on a place to live eventually. I certainly would not leave him for someone better off financially, because there are feelings I am not in the relationship just to get the most material stuff I can. So yeah its obnoxious when you pretend 'biology' dictates that that women are essentially greedy pigs, and guys just want love....that's not it at all.

A woman in the Stone Age required a man for labor/warring/protection. You may have missed that we no longer live in the Stone Age and many a woman has a good job, a house and the option of availing herself of locks, alarm systems, 911, etc. if required.

I have zero interest in any man who'd feel the need to go "warring" on my behalf - it'd demonstrate a lack of impulse control. Leaving the bar with the catcalling moron is appropriate, my BF threatening to hit the guy or (worse) actually hitting him... is an excellent way to get charged with felony assault.

If my boyfriend were to run out of resources, well, I'd fall back on my own, thankyouverymuch - two degrees and a job ensures I've no need for anybody else's money. I do find the men who have no or very low-paying jobs whining that women who worked hard to earn qualifications + good jobs are selfish to be sort of amusing. Particularly the lack of recognition that it might not be about money but rather values .